Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fall 2013 Kit Announcements

Casey

The convertible version of this kit is new, but will be heavily based upon the existing fastback kit. I don't think Revell has released anything other than a rendering of the convertible, but one 'site says it can be built "top up or top down."

I don't think any of the Revell '53/'54 Chevy Sedans nor Sedan Delivery kits could be built 100% stock, but the stock grilles (at least the '54 grille is, the one shown on the built up/older box art) and door handles are present. IIRC there is a raised, straight axle with parallel leaf springs setup for the front end of the gasser version, but the stock front suspension parts are included, too. I don't believe this kit has been updated since the 1988 or so reissue which was molded in "Chianti red," like so:

Thanks, that is the kit I expected it to be. One more of those kits I had in my hands many times but put it back only to find it gone one day and ebay prices climbing. Will definately get one or two this time.

Funny you should mention that one, as I just posted a partial pic of the trees under the Sizzler dragster thread . Here's a shot of the trees (or at least the parts that are different from the last issue) taken at the HMCA show.

002_zps5d3d754f.jpg

Note that it does include an uptop. Not shown is the tree with the 2x4 bbl intake and Batwing air filter.

One thing I didn't see mentioned...

What became of the '57 Chevy convertible?

That was the one I was kind of looking forward to.

Charlie Larkin

It's still on. Wasn't a "new" announcement per se. I think it's gotten at least a tentative date for this summer, dig back a couple pages, I posted my most up to date info, I'm pretty sure it was on there.

Funny you should mention that one, as I just posted a partial pic of the trees under the Sizzler dragster thread . Here's a shot of the trees (or at least the parts that are different from the last issue) taken at the HMCA show.

002_zps5d3d754f.jpg

Note that it does include an uptop. Not shown is the tree with the 2x4 bbl intake and Batwing air filter.

Is that a VW on the right side?

001_zpsd20bb95d.jpg

Yes. According to what we were told, it's an all new tool through Revell of Germany. It's hard to see in the pic, but it does have both a LHD and a RHD dash.

Yep, will be available in a Revell US box, I don't think they're going to even import the Revell-Germany boxing, looks as if they're going to try and time them to come out around the same time. There will also be a Cabrio based on the new tooling, but only as a Revell-Germany kit. I think the Cabrio is scheduled to come out first, sometime this summer.

Yep, will be availI don't think they're going to even import the Revell-Germany boxing

I don't think they need to do that anymore, now that Hobbico owns Revell-AG outright, right?

It's still on. Wasn't a "new" announcement per se. I think it's gotten at least a tentative date for this summer, dig back a couple pages, I posted my most up to date info, I'm pretty sure it was on there.

Probably here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68158

I cant wait for I-Hobby or maybe the spring announcements for 2014, if what I am hearing is true, I might be very, very happy.

I forget, what year is the Beetle kit ?

Pretty sure it's a 67 1500, but I'm no Beetle expert. I think the Cabrio will be a later model. Here are the photos Revell Germany used in their catalog

comp_07083-VW-Beetle-1500-limousine.jpg

comp_07078-VW-Beetle-1500-cabriolet.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

I'll tell you what, it doesn't matter to me what year Beetle it is, I'm still going to get one! Just from what I saw of the parts, it will rival the Tamiya '66 Beetle for quality.

I will agree with the first part of what you said

Brett, thanks for the pics, I am not up on what years are what for the beetles, well, I do know what ones are from the 70s' :lol:

I'll tell you what, it doesn't matter to me what year Beetle it is, I'm still going to get one! Just from what I saw of the parts, it will rival the Tamiya '66 Beetle for quality.

Revell's recent new-tool Mini Cooper and Citroen 2CV are giving the equivalent Tamiya kits a run for their money, plus Revell was smart and chose slightly different versions, a non-S Mini and a 2CV Charleston. Doing a 67 1500 to complement Tamiya's 66 1300 is another smart choice.

Revell's recent new-tool Mini Cooper and Citroen 2CV are giving the equivalent Tamiya kits a run for their money, plus Revell was smart and chose slightly different versions, a non-S Mini and a 2CV Charleston. Doing a 67 1500 to complement Tamiya's 66 1300 is another smart choice.

I know from a build thread on the Revells Mini kit that it is better in a lot of ways to the Tamiya one, I was a bit shocked by that.

Could be a European 67 Beetle in the upper picture. Has the upright 12v headlights and the 67 only front fenders with the horn grilles. At least they are one year only front fenders for North America. Seems in other parts, bumpers and such were mixed and matched and may have been later on the conversion from 6v to 12v...which occurred in 67 here. 68 the bumpers went to the ones like on the red convertible pictured and the wheels went to a 4 bolt from the wide 5 bolt pattern in 67 and earlier. (I have a 1:1 '67 Beetle project in my garage).

Edited by Tony T

• 4 weeks later...

Googling 'Revell July 2013' turns up these

85-4024 1/25 Fireball Roberts' 57 Ford

85-4050 1/25 '64 Chevy Impala Foose

85-4087 1/25 '67 Corvette Convertible 2n1

85-7817 1/25 Miss Deal Funny Car SSP

Edited by Rob Hall