Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mazda Rx 7 Group B

vitanvk

Hello.

I am a modeller from Bulgaria and like very much building rally cars.

I decided to produce a full multimedia resin kit of Mazda Rx 7 Group B car and would like to show you the progress. As a starting base i will use Tamiya and Monogram kit.

85acropolisrallyingvarc2.jpg

First, i casted the Tamiya body, before the big transformation

45245_350320178401414_1673327243_n_zps5d

Then i decided to use the second casted body and make the fenders. Very rough, but after the putty it will take a good shape

1_zpsd055a116.jpg

3_zps9972ae1e.jpg

4_zps27a3170e.jpg

5_zps9eb2b027.jpg

Regards,

Vitan

Edited by vitanvk

Looking very cool. Looks like it would be easy to convert this to an IMSA spect GTU car as well. What are you planning on charging for this?

Hi,

i am still working on the project and do not have final cost of it yet. It is planned as a detailed multimedia kit with photoetched parts, engine and decals, which means more parts, but the price will be reasonable for such a kit and similar to what other brands charge or a little less:)

Thanks to all for the kind comments, this definitley motivates more:)

Edited by vitanvk

Very nice. As you can see from my avatar, the RX-7 is one of my favorite cars. I have 1985 sitting in the garage right now. :D

And...your work is most excellent!

Thanks, your car look quite well!

Hi,

i am still working on the project and do not have final cost of it yet. It is planned as a detailed multimedia kit with photoetched parts, engine and decals, which means more parts, but the price will be reasonable for such a kit and similar to what other brands charge or a little less:)

Thanks to all for the kind comments, this definitley motivates more:)

Good to hear. Might I request that the spoiler be a separate piece rather than molded to the body? It would make what I'd want to d a whole lot easier.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing the progress!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i guess the spoiler will be a separate part anyway because there is a radiator under it :)

And a little, but important update. :) The wheels for the model were created. They came out really nice i think. Meanwhile, the work on the body continues, so i hope soon i will be able to show this to you finished.

mazdarx7groupbwheels_zpse1fcfcdf.jpg

Edited by vitanvk

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Time for a little update on the project. I have received the 3D printed wheels and would say i am very happy with the result:)

DSCN1771_zpsa05eae23.jpg

Meanwhile i continue with the work on the body and the details-the skeleton for front lights was done and now it has to be shaped. i also corrected the front and rear bumpers and the front hood.

Lots of work has been done and as you see lots of work still needs to be done…..

Therefore not so much to see, actually everything appeared to be a bit more complex than i thought at the beggining...but i guess i got the spirit of the car already.. :)

DSCN1787_zpscc77d46a.jpg

DSCN1783_zpsd78b8e74.jpg

DSCN1777_zpsb2cd7324.jpg

Work continues,

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...