Model Cars Magazine Forum

My apologies...never mind.

My ex-business-partner in Ace-Garage.com (the site is currently idling, as I decide which way to take the business, or whether to kill it off) got a call from a miffed board member asking that I refrain from some sort of negative behavior towards him. I think this is kind of interesting, as to the best of my knowledge, I've NEVER attacked anyone personally or said anything negative about a build, other than to correct incorrect information that was presented as fact.

I did, once, indulge in a somewhat immature retaliation when I was personally attacked, and I've vigorously defended my position occasionally regarding technical issues, but always with easily verified factual references

I apologize to the complainant for anything I may have written that you perceived as an attack. My intent, as I have tried to make abundantly clear, has always only been to try to help present CORRECT information, when I happen to be in possession of it.

Feel free to PM me, and I'll apologize personally for anything that may have been misunderstood.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Things get misconstrued on the Internet. Sometimes someone can read a post and get a totally different vibe than you intend, or think it was directed at them.

Once on another board, I had a guy accuse me of stalking him on the board. He said that I posted in every thread he did right after him. Heck, I had never even noticed this guy before! So things can get out of hand.

Food for thought....

Allowing others the right to be wrong

Not always having to be right

Not having to prove a point then say "I told you so"

Not having to let everyone know how dang smart I are (or think that I are)

Humility is tough to spell

If I can just practice a bit of any of this, my world is a much better place.

Not always an easy task.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to keep this private between the two of you, via PM?

Yes, by all means. But whoever it was failed to identify himself either on the phone or via PM, so I don't know to whom I should apologize. Please remove the thread if it's not deemed appropriate.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Food for thought....

Allowing others the right to be wrong

Not always having to be right

Not having to prove a point then say "I told you so"

Not having to let everyone know how dang smart I are (or think that I are)

Humility is tough to spell

If I can just practice a bit of any of this, my world is a much better place.

Not always an easy task.

This sounds very noble, however allowing "others the right to be wrong" on a public forum is a dis-service to members who come here for information. One post of incorrect information presented as fact can result in many more modelers leaving the site, knowing the "right" information, that's wrong.

The value of truth presented as factual information may furnish some equally valuable food for thought.

Yes, by all means. But whoever it was failed to identify himself either on the phone or via PM, so I don't know to whom I should apologize. Please remove the thread if it's not deemed appropriate.

Oh, ok, I see. No problem.

Well, it kinda looks like it wasn't a member I offended after all...rather an infamous eeb purveyor of wildly overpriced scale model bits who I took to task, somewhat rudely, for his business practices. My statement stands. Anyone who charges prices like that for stuff that we on this forum happily GIVE each other, has no love for the hobby and no use for "fellow modelers" other than to get every last nickel out of them he can.

Of course, what looks like gouging and opportunism to me looks like "good business" to others. And lots of folks believe that ethics and fairness have nothing whatsoever to do with business, so there you go.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Don't even concern yourself, unless you have thin skin. If someone is that low they'll rip you off, who cares WHAT they think. Bein PC because you don't wanna look bad is silly. If they are THAT low to rip you off, just wash your hands of them and be GLAD they're OUT of your buisness. Who cares WHAT a thief thinks of you, he's a THIEF. THAT goes for whatever they stole from you.

whenever I see ridiculous prices for "auction items" I usually just say to myself that they really don't want to sell that item... I mean asking $349 for a custom painted 1:18 scale diecast that is a caricature of a real car just seems like a pointless auction posting.

Ha! Well, I'm sure Mister J to the P on the E of the Bay would absolutely, positively lurk here...unless he's utterly lazy. It'd have to be in his "How to Gank the Begeesus out of Under-experienced Hobbyists 101" handbook to keep a frequent eye on that hobbies "Wanted" sections.

And Bill, I think you had another thread recently where you were questioning your posting habits and value to the community. I'll say the same thing here that I said there -- We need more like you around here. And I'll add to it that anyone who takes issue with your posts must have some seriously thin skin or some overly-fragile aspect to their ego. You 'da man, man...easily one of my top 5 favorite model car builders/posters, not only for your subjects and skills, but you know your stuff better than most and are able...and take the time... to convey it all in a manner understandable by virtually anyone.

Hats off to ya, my friend...and quit frettin'. You're one of the really good ones just keep on keepin' on.