Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cars that just plain "NAIL IT! " for you models or other wise

This:

B1DECBCF-E707-43E6-AFC2-0116AD76E369-123

Runs a close race with Minis for my admiration for design - I love the basic look and practicality.

This:

AA0E92C5-DFC8-49AF-BA03-2DE7D8907B29-123

Because it is a beautiful design. Pleasing to the eye.

Along with this:

34AE7181-63E9-4F0B-8A04-9ED679D9FD28-123

And finally, I love the long, lean, simple lines of early 60s American iron - the grill is classic too, well balanced and different enough to stand out:

20395946-46AB-46F1-89C4-90CD6B4AB2CA-123

That Auburn would be a desecration, but it's certainly based on the fibergalss replica kit car.

From what I can find Skip, it's an old Auburn replicar. It belongs to James Hetfield of Metallica, who found it as a basket case and had Rick Dore build it like this. There doesn't seem to be much infpo out there on it other than pictures though, these are about all I could find.

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/features/1136srp_1936_glenn_pray_auburn_852_speedster/viewall.html

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2009/11/james-hetfields-boat-tail-speedster.html

Personally, I love how it looks!

Couldn't you find a better picture of the Toyota Erik?

They look bad with the lights up and personally I think they should only come in white.

performancecarmagazine.s3.amazonaws.com*

The headlights fight the overall flow, I agree, but there is something "period" about the style of lights and how they look when up.

Plus, my kids think it looks like a flounder.

There is certainly a lot of remarkably beautiful rolling sculpture in the world, even though much of it is ostensibly mundane transportation. And though I've tended to think of cars as art for a long time, it's more apparent to me now that automobile design is and should be considered just as 'serious' an expression of the human creative impulse as architecture, or any other highbrow 'artistic' medium.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

There is certainly a lot of remarkably beautiful rolling sculpture in the world, even though much of it is ostensibly mundane transportation. And though I've tended to think of cars as art for a long time, it's more apparent to me now that automobile design is and should be considered just as 'serious' an expression of the human creative impulse as architecture, or any other highbrow 'artistic' medium.

I agree. Design - whether cars, magazine ads, or buildings - reflects the ideas (and ideals?) of the times. There is more to basic designs then meets the eye ;)

Ok everybody, Dano's got the right idea. I was really surprised to see the first bunch of "factory" cars ( they did "nail it" as far as nothing wrong) in this thread. I guess I didn't make myself clear as to what I was talking about. I guess I thought my first picture explained that I was talking about modified cars, customs, street rods and hot rods. :huh:

1926%20ford%20model%20t%20roadster%20hotHELLROD.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers

The two custom cars that represent "rightness" and all that is good with the world...

John D'agostino's Bulletbird

http://ohndagostinothunderbird_zps9943a2e6.jpg

Rob Fortier's 53 Chevy

http://robfortier_zps7033da68.jpg

Not a car, but "right on" transportation, Cole Foster's Blue bike:

colefosterbluebike_zpsfe8db140.jpg

Edited by Albie D

WAY way way agree on this one. ALWAYS one of my favorite cars from childhood on.

When I posted on this topic yesterday, I almost deleted them...because in reality there are simply too many that I have liked over the yers for different reasons to simply pick a hand full, that and some flaks are also going to post like you did, some of the others I have always felt were remarkable.

I have a fav classic sport car, fav curret sport car, fav hot rod, fav customer etc etc. Just not enough money, and or garage to have ALL the cars I would really like to have...think Leno! LOL

Dave-stuckey-lil-coffin13.jpg

I was talking about modified cars, customs, street rods and hot rods

Sorry, but nothing in this ' list ' nails it for me. Customs, , hot rods or street rods do anything for me

I like style , character, and am a huge fan of late 50's to very early 60's fin cars and muscle cars .

And early 60's to early 70's drag cars. primarily Stocks, Super Stocks, and funny cars

I have zero interest in altereds, gassers . or much of anything race car wise newer than approx 1973 - 1974 time frame

Anything american 1955 - 1973. Including old Cord,Duesenberg,Cadillac v12/v16,Lincoln and Packards. I do like the new Cadillacs,also the new Mustang,Camaro and Corvette. 77-79 Caprice/Impala coupe,77 Trans Am,Buick GN,GMC Cyclone,International Scout...oh could go on.

Italian supercars and rare 4 doors like the Fidia,Beauville and Quattroporte. Anything touched by Marcello Gandini.

BMW 503 & 507,e9,e24,e12,e28 & e30.

Mercedes Benz,pretty much anything up until 1995 + Unimogs.

Toyota 2000GT and the Celica TA22.

Datsun 240Z,Skyline GTR c10 and the early roadsters.

Honda,N600,S800,EG6,second gen CRX,Integra & NSX.

And all time dream car,the Pagani Zonda.

Edited by om617