Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pie Crust DOT Slicks

Looking for two to three sets of 1/25th scale Pie Crust DOT Slicks similar to these with the grooves notched in the tread. Does anyone cast them? Are they available in a kit? The ones that are in the trunk go on the `64 Dodge 330 Super Stock Die-Cast by Highway 61 but are 1/18 scale...darn the luck..because they are exactly what I`m looking for.

h6150247_4.jpg.FirestoneDragster82016BiasPly.jpg

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Thanks everyone for the Speed City and Stacy David 32 rat roaster suggestions. The AMT option is a viable one if I can not a pair with the groves tread. Someone at my LHS mentioned to me that there used to be resin caster by the name of Ma`s Resin that made a very nice set of grooved pie crust slicks..but they had not heard anything about in a long time...is anyone familiar with them? Are they still around?

Edited by 69NovaYenko

The Polar Lights '64 GTO coupe & convertible kits have optional cheater slicks that look exactly like the 1/18s in your photo.

BINGO...that's it!!!!!!!!

A friend had an unopened the Polar Lights `64 GTO kit in his stash and let me take a peak and low and behold there they were. He said he had no need for them so I volunteered to give them a home. Come to Papa!

Many thanks Matt T.

Edited by 69NovaYenko