Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Dodge Daytona Platinum with red interior

KevinMoparFord

Moving along on this finally. Got the interior, engine and chassis just about done. Use Morgan automotive pre wired distributor, added vacuum pod from kit to this dist and added wire for vacuu line, used misc wires for PCV line, breather line, throttle cable, speaker wire for carb return spring, photo etched wire loom and throttle linkage. Tried to correctly over spray negative battery cable like the real cars. Vacuum line for brakes is sticking up of the back. Chassis is done with gray primer and then oversprayed. Exhaust pipes were cut from mufflers, attached to the manifold pieces so i could smooth out the bad joint that these can have when you assemlbe them per the instructions. Hope to have it ready for Mopar Nationals Model Car contest in August.

More photos at http://public.fotki.com/Kevin60brd/69-silver-daytona/

post-2871-0-91471400-1375065884_thumb.jppost-2871-0-38813200-1375065923_thumb.jp

Kevin, that interior is beautiful! The body looks great in platinum, and the engine looks awesome! The overspray on the negative cable is a nice touch, but things like that always make me question will it be worth it?

Most judges wouldn't know that it was supposed to be like that and would probably ding you for doing it....but a good judge (And Mopar fanatic) will see it and give you mucho credit!

Edited by Custom Mike

Lovely job Kevin. That engine looks great.

Most judges wouldn't know that it was supposed to be like that and would probably ding you for doing it....but a good judge (And Mopar fanatic) will see it and give you mucho credit!

On the contest table; maybe it could be displayed with some reference photo's of the 1:1 car to back up the details.

Kevin, that interior is beautiful! The body looks great i platinum, and the engine looks awesome! The overspray on the negative cable is a nice touch, but things like that always make me question will it be worth it?

This one is mainly for the Mopar Nationals Model contest and they will recognize it there. Even if other contests do not, I build it for me and winning a trophy not the most important thing. I ususally do mention it in the right up of detail added to model, if jusdeges read it and believe it who knows. I go to shows to have fun. I try and get something new done and if I get nice comments like I have here, especially if a color combon and car comes out good, it is all worth it.

This looks really good to me! Interior makes me want to jump on the drivers' seat. Those seats don't look like plastic at all, to me they look like they are real leather (Or whatever "Soft" material is used on the upholstery). Incredible detailing on the engine also, and you nailed the color choice. I'll be watching this one closely.

Paint is Model Car World 6956 Silver Metalic lacquer with Omni Urethane clear over it. Stripe is Keith Marks. Interior is Tamiya red acrylic over Alclad gray primer which really darkened it up more than I thought. Interior was air brushed and I used Tamiya thinner. Engine color is Mopar performance street hemi orange, decanted and then air brushed, once on the parts still on the trees, then I assembled engine, added negative battery cable, glued on transmission and air brushed the assembly.

Looks fantastic. I had a 1969 GTX a few years back in the A4 Silver metallic the same color as the platinum on the Dodges. It was an interesting silver, it had almost a green shade to it. I don't know if that comes out in the scale color or not. Great job.

Depends what you paint it over. It does have a slight green hue to it on mine, I ued white primer. Same color on my friend's Challenger kit over gray does not seem to be that way and looks more silver,

It is a great build and I love the interior detail.

Got the interior, chassis and body together. Was able to add in more detail to the engine bay. Connected the vacuum brake booster, battery cables, photo etch battery cable ends, radiator overflow hose, and the photo etch radiator cap. Did add the red and blue stripe to oil filter as well.

post-2871-0-28491800-1375494289_thumb.jp

post-2871-0-33178900-1375494328_thumb.jp

http://public.fotki.com/Kevin60brd/69-silver-daytona/