Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum ads

sjordan2

Is it just my computer or does everyone have the same thing. Now when you open one of the categories the second thread down is an advertisement. I know it pays the bills but I prefer it be in an innocuous corner somewhere.

I just discovered when you open a thread it's on every one. Very annoying.

Edited by 58 Impala

My big question is... if the admin people pin all their topics about the forum in General, why do member questions about the forum get booted into Off Topic?

General is near the top of the forum list, Off Topic is down near the bottom and you have to scroll to get to it... by putting it in Off Topic, they are hoping most people don't see it.. :)

For those that are using FireFox

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

For those that are using Chrome

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

For those that are using IE

https://adblockplus....ternet-explorer

General is near the top of the forum list, Off Topic is down near the bottom and you have to scroll to get to it... by putting it in Off Topic, they are hoping most people don't see it.. :)

Now Rob, are trying to say they want to sweep this issue under the rug ? :lol:

For those that are using FireFox

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

For those that are using Chrome

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

For those that are using IE

https://adblockplus....ternet-explorer

Now Rob, are trying to say they want to sweep this issue under the rug ? :lol:

Well, blocking the ads kind of defeats the purpose of putting the ads in there...

General is near the top of the forum list, Off Topic is down near the bottom and you have to scroll to get to it... by putting it in Off Topic, they are hoping most people don't see it

Why not let "they" say something about the ads before coming up with a conspiracy theory.Like I said before something has to pay for the site.no more free ride.To all the people that are annoyed, that word was used a lot,its not that bad. Ads are every where else in life so big deal

Uh, if I remember correctly, you guys are the ones that wanted an "off topic" section and wanted the "General" section to be model/automotive related ONLY.

REMEMBER??? YOU GUYS WANTED IT THAT WAY.

So we gave you what you wanted. And now you're crying about it. :rolleyes:

Here's a great alternative to all of those folks who are annoyed by the ads:

Send Gregg a (good) check for a hundred bucks. After all the annoyed people do that, he can probably remove the revenue-producing ads.

Me? The ads don't bother me. I just ignore them like I ignore certain people. ^_^

Uh, if I remember correctly, you guys are the ones that wanted an "off topic" section and wanted the "General" section to be model/automotive related ONLY.

You miss the point. By the logic of separating General from Off-Topic, Gregg's pinned board admin theme posts should be in Off Topic also.

I'll repeat myself.

1. Discussing the workings of the host model car forum is not related to model cars?

2. Why are the admin pinned subjects about the forum still in General and not in Off Topic, while every comment on those subjects is moved to Off Topic?

The requests for the Off Topic forum had to do with moving subjects from General where members could share stuff like "Here's my dog," "I don't feel good today," "My little girl's graduation pictures," etc. A place to commune personally on literally "Off Topic" subjects.

Edited by sjordan2

You should know by now that you can not make everyone here happy :lol: ,

Maybe this should be the avatar you use

please_zps260686ba.jpg

You know, if you want to ignore me, there is the ignore option you can use ;):lol:

You flatter yourself. (If I wanted to ignore you, I would.)

Although you sometimes try, you're just not obnoxious enough to ignore. :lol:

There are, however, a couple of yahoos around here . . . :wacko:

Edited by Danno

I am going to take that as a compliment , a rude one, but its still a compliment :D

You can call me a country person or a yahoo, but I just don't care LOL. It's not like the first time I been ignored by folks either. I'm here for the duration charlie. LOL