Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 Silverado in pink

Yes, it's HOK hot pink but I shot it over dark gray primer. The bed was shot with Rustoleum Texture paint to make it look like a spray in bedliner. The grill was eliminated and replaced with mesh. I had those wheels laying around and since the kit was a trade and had no wheels/tires, I decided to use them up.

001.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Really nice looking truck Jim. I like the mild drop with those rims and color. Deffintatly not the kind of pink I was expecting but what I really like most are the headlights and the little chrome strip grill. Are they the normal set flipped around, a different set, or is that how it's supposed to be and I'm crazy?

Thank you all so very much.

Spoon tests revealed that hot pink over dark gray primer would give a maroon tone.

It's the stock grill bar, Jason. It might look different because of the mesh I put behind it.

The kit was the '99 Silverado that came with a Waverunner (although I didn't get the Waverunner in the trade), Dominik.