Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Ford Custom Update 9-11-13

cobraman

Next build will be the Lindberg 37 Ford kit in the stupid box that opens on the ends. This is the same kit as the Testors Smoothster. Have started some modifications to the body. I have added trim to the fenders which will be foiled after the paint job. Also adding some strips on the rear fenders sort of like open skirts. Just trying something different. Car will be yellow or blue most likely.

37ford1001_zps11c0e1ae.jpg

37ford1002_zps9678606e.jpg

37ford1003_zpsfc49c76f.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Making progress on this one. It's kind of an experiment that I am not sure yet if it worked. I did some mods such as the body at the rear wheel wells and added trim to all fenders which were covered with BMF. I filled the tail lights and drilled new holes for them. They are recessed in the body. Still needs to be finished and touch ups are still required. Thanks for looking and comments pro or con are welcome.

37almostdone001_zpsa71ec136.jpg

37almostdone002_zps8bb0e4a6.jpg

37almostdone003_zpsa3318079.jpg

I don't disagree with you at all. I just like to try different things. Sometimes they work out, sometimes not. Many times something looks better in my mind then in the finished product. Ya don't know till ya try sometimes. I was going to fully skirt the front and rear wheel wells but changed my mind.