Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Ford Thunderbird HT

peekay

I'm posting this one for my mate Marco here in Switzerland. He used to own a 62 TBird and is currently turning a basket case 61 into a couch. Ouch!
This is a $20 Promo which I've refined - or ruined, depending on your attitude to promos. Paint is Zero base coats with Tamiya clear. All chrome parts, the tyres and the dash are Modelhaus replacements. (The dash because I broke the original while trying to seperate it from the interior.) I used the steering wheel from the AMT kit.

94b02575cf2e77bc5d_zpsihzmib9c-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

cb81f26dd4400075fc_zpsdkdjpvlr-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

b6bda8a4b224312054_zpsn73ln58q-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

3dad740791a722b096_zps05ewzyqv-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

42a0a3655a22c4631c_zpshis0db3w-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by peekay

Very nice Thunderbird Peter! The color really suits it well! I see nothing wrong with "restoring" basket case promos. I won't modify a really nice promo. But, I'll sure do it to a rough one! Nice work!

Thanks everybody, much appreciated.

Do you build any customs of only stock?

Chris, when I first built mdels in the early sixties I ONLY built customs and hot-rods but since I got back into it in the 80s it's been all stock - so far: I've got a white 59 Impala on the bench which will get a VERY mild custom look, inspired by a Marcos Cruz model. There's a hot rod down the line somewhere too, I'v got all the ingredients.