Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

What irked me today? People that prowl around my neighborhood at midnight. The heartbreak of psoriasis. Trekkers. People that get called out for the things that they do which annoy others & then get upset about being called out for their actions & lamely attempt to call out the people that confronted them with their own shortcomings. The waxy build up on my living room floor. The latter is especially perplexing since that floor is carpeted.

Forum members who routinely gripe about their finances, or lack thereof - and as a by product how many kits they can or cannot afford and then yell at other forum members who are simply trying to be helpful about their ability to understand said financial situation. Along with constantly whining about their internet connection and what it does or doesn't allow them to view, and all while stating incorrect information while attempting to sound factual.

Yes, I get tired of that also...one shouldn't be spending money of a hobby that can get expensive if they can't afford it. Likewise, if you are stuck on a dialup connection w/ your 486, well, that's your problem...

Yes, I get tired of that also...one shouldn't be spending money of a hobby that can get expensive if they can't afford it.

I also don't get the complaints that the hobby is too expensive.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, with money you have to spare after the bills are paid. If you're dipping into the monthly mortgage, or cutting back on food to fund your hobby, you need to rethink your hobby!

I also don't get the complaints that the hobby is too expensive.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, with money you have to spare after the bills are paid. If you're dipping into the monthly mortgage, or cutting back on food to fund your hobby, you need to rethink your hobby!

Exactly... It's as expensive as you make of it..

Amen. If you have no money at all in your accounts, the first thing you buy when you get paid shouldn't be a model kit.

I gotta agree with James, so is that a x4 now?

The waxy build up on my living room floor. The latter is especially perplexing since that floor is carpeted.

I should not of been eating when I read that

What Irked me today, something SA(E) is doing

Edited by martinfan5

Amen. If you have no money at all in your accounts, the first thing you buy when you get paid shouldn't be a model kit.

I see this at work with a good amount of R/C customers. They live paycheck to paycheck only having a few bucks left to blow on a case of beer,nitro fuel, and replacement parts. It's crazy.

I must be doing something wrong because I have nothing to complain about. Monthly I get my pension check, Social Security check, starting getting Veterans Disability checks. I don't think I've had such a large amount of disposable cash before. If there is something irking me, it's having the money and nor being able to find a 1:1 mostly complete project. Maybe this weekend at the MAGS contest in Tampa.

Having a deal present itself that is so perfect and unbelievable and not being able to take it because I don't have a Garage, Some days I wish I wasn't a car guy, it would be such an easy resto of such a rare car.........

Nuts,

Nick

I know how you feel. I hate living in Suburbia with a 1 1/2 car garage. (They say it's a 2 car but who ever said that was smoking the good stuff)

I know how you feel. I hate living in Suburbia with a 1 1/2 car garage. (They say it's a 2 car but who ever said that was smoking the good stuff)

I dont know, my 2 car garage will fit two cars, and I am in suburbia hell, sure , there wouldnt be much room if both were parked in it, so only one gets parked in it :lol:

I know how you feel.

No you don't

GEDC4561_zps2fed3cb5.jpg

GEDC4560_zps55846bf8.jpg

GEDC4121.jpg

Those doors aren't light, especially when you have to manhandle them by yourself out of your truck, through the backyard, to the car, then pull the old doors, then position and bolt up the new doors, and haul the old doors back to the truck all with a foot and a half of snow to deal with.

Welcome to my hell

Isnt that what garage's are for anyways, storing junk in :lol:

I've got storage units for my miscellaneous junk and boxes of model kits. Alas, no garage--two 1-car carports, but occupied and 2 cars in the 1-car width driveway. My next house will need at least a full 2 car garage, preferably 3 car...

Edited by Rob Hall

Here's what REALLY irked me today. This weekend was the NSRA SE natioanls in Tampa and along with the 1:1s was a model car contest put on by MAGS. Terrific contest with almost 300 builds on the tables.

The irk part comes when an MCM assistant editor announces in his editorial that MCM is looking for people to take pics at contests, a person volunteers, sends sample pics, gets approved by Gregg, and then the volunteer hears absolutely nothing after several email attempts. So MAGS didn't have an MCM volunteer photographer today, FAST won't have one, and the Southlandz contest won't either.

Thank you so much Darryll.