Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok, thanks, G

Sounds like cure time is important in all this. Do you thin your oils with terpantine or the Mona Lisa stuff, or what?

I think my problems with dissolving was because I thought cure time meant a few hours or a day at the most :mellow:

I think I need more patients and better planning schedules :rolleyes:

Allowing sufficient time for curing is key. On this one I just used straight MM enamel thinner from the red can. Normally I try to use Mona Lisa Odorless Thinner with my oils regardless, but on this one I did not. Mona Lisa doesn't work well with enamel in my experience.

I have used oils over fully cured enamel with good results by using Mona Lisa thinner. It is so mild it thins the oil and never effects the base coats.

My trick is the enviornment here where I live. We average 5% humidity most of the year. Actual painting is difficult at times, but everything dries in seconds!

G

Thanks David that's good to hear as that was what I've been attempting to accomplish!

I raided my stash and added a figure who's pose, I think, suits the mood.

DSCF4577_zpsca31bab0.jpg

DSCF4578_zps611f434b.jpg

DSCF4581_zpsf3ed8397.jpg

This a figure from Master Box painted with Vallejo acrylic and a smattering of oils.

G

Here's the base. I cheated a bit and added soil from my back yard. When you live in a desert, you might as well use the right material.

What???!!!! :blink:

You used inaccurate sand from the wrong continent? And you call yourself an armor builder???

Hand in your rivet counting calculator immediately and don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!

:lol:

Thank you Harry.

I am extremely sorry for allowing my impatient behavior to compromise the integrity of my rivit counting. I should have waited for the delivery of the accurate Libyan soil I ordered.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I'm leaving now.

G

Thank you Harry.

I am extremely sorry for allowing my impatient behavior to compromise the integrity of my rivit counting. I should have waited for the delivery of the accurate Libyan soil I ordered.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I'm leaving now.

G

Ok, seeing as how you're contrite and owned up to your gross error, I'll let it go. This time.

:P

But seriously... great job on the Panzer and the figure. You do good work. B)

Ok, seeing as how you're contrite and owned up to your gross error, I'll let it go. This time.

:P

But seriously... great job on the Panzer and the figure. You do good work. B)

Hey, cut him some slack, Harry. North Africa ... Nevada. Not really ~much~ difference. ^_^