Model Cars Magazine Forum

1915 Ford Model "T". 1/32nd Scale.

cchapman195

This is my 1/32nd Scale 1915 Ford Model "T". It was rusted with acrylic paints by hand. Sophisticated finishes was used for canopy support bars and under carriage. I used metal wire for the seat springs and styrene for the seat frames. The canopy is made with toilet paper and Elmer's white glue diluted with water. This was a blast to build but 1/32nd is not what you build to try new things like springs and torn canopies. Was a blast to though.

post-9740-0-66238700-1380874294_thumb.jp

post-9740-0-68279200-1380874332_thumb.jp

post-9740-0-72078300-1380874366_thumb.jp

post-9740-0-12793800-1380874404_thumb.jp

post-9740-0-59798700-1380874437_thumb.jp

Excelent weathering, and detailing. That top looks so right! I've been hesitant to try anything this extreme in terms of weathering (it's so easy to go too far), but you've inpired me to give it a shot.

It's obvious that you had fun with this.

Thank you all very much for the kind words. Shardik, Just do it. I did have a blast and it was because every time I did something another idea came to mind for something else and I could not believe what I had when it was finished. A 1/25th scale would have been much easier to detail then this little thing. That is where I would start if I were you. Do a little at a time take LOT"S of pic's so you can see what and how you did something and use these reference pics on all your builds. A photo will let you know when you went to far so you can take it back a step on the next build. Plus looking at these pics of your work reminds you of what you have done and the feeling of accomplishment is amazing. Good luck and I hope to see some of your work here soon.:D