Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Oldsmobile Lowrider - now posted in 'Under Glass'

maltsr

Finally got around to starting this kit from my stash. It's inspired by the '54 Chevy known as Citric Acid, and is painted in my usual choice of Tamiya paints, in this case Pearl White and the new Metallic Orange. Wheels are by Pegasus, and I think you can see where this is headed ;)

007_zps7379ba5d.jpg

Edited by maltsr

• 2 weeks later...

Got some time at the workbench and managed to finish the engine with basic wiring and plumbing. Managed to break a coupIe of drill bits in the valve covers but got there eventually :angry:. Also added brackets for the dynamo. Clearcoated the body with some Tamiya Pearl Clear, doesn't look any different in photos so will get round to polishing and BMF work this week.

004_zpsd4768b17.jpg

Very nice work on both the paint and engine. I think this might be the first one of these that I've seen with the plug wires properly routed under the retainers on the valve covers. Nice work.

And, by the way, I love the color combo.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great kit, it's going together really well. Painted the interior pearl white with gold accents and BMF for the trim. Chassis is various shades of black and metallic. To lower the rear I cut the springs to the same length as those on the front, and I used a little artistic licence by drilling new holes for the front spindles ;) Polished the body and applied more BMF. Hopefully will wrap this up tomorrow.

001_zps677f6307.jpg

006_zps91a8e832.jpg

005_zpsba284019.jpg