Model Cars Magazine Forum

XR-6 (glue bomb restoration) Update 1/18/17

RancheroSteve

• 2 months later...

That is great detail on the rear of the chassis! I realize that the body is nearly done with paint, yet it would be great to have the trunk panel removable to view your work. I still have my original that I built when it came out, all the parts are in a box, so one day perhaps... your build is great inspiration.

Cheers Misha

3 hours ago, Misha said:

That is great detail on the rear of the chassis! I realize that the body is nearly done with paint, yet it would be great to have the trunk panel removable to view your work. I still have my original that I built when it came out, all the parts are in a box, so one day perhaps... your build is great inspiration.

Thanks for your comments. I was going to save it for the next update, but I have in fact made the trunk panel hinged and removeable. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow! There sure is a bit of history behind this project. I shouldn't talk, I had one build that took me about a decade to complete.

I sure am glad I found it though, it was great seeing the progression of your work. I'll be sure to look for it in the Under Glass section.

David G.