Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lil' Coffin - modern take

maltsr

I have an old issue of this kit which has donated its wheels/tyres to another build, so I thought I would add modern equivalents (Pegasus DZ's with parts box tyres, rears from AMT Phantom '32 Vicky) and the latest colour from Tamiya, Metallic Forest Green. Otherwise built OOB after wrestling with warped parts and other kit issues :angry:.

No doubt some will not like the modern rolling stock, but I guess that in the early sixties there would have been those that disliked the large shiny rims/piecrust slicks, as being 'modern' <_<. All comments welcome.

013_zps94ed9d7e.jpg

017_zps40eeb876.jpg

To be honest I am one that hates with a passion todays large wheels,and I will not change my mind,but with that being said every once in a while I will see someone build a model with large wheels and I just have to say hey that looks BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH good. And you have not only built one of those models but you change the color on a famous show rod and to me I could actually see the original car being built in that color. You have built a model that not only looks great with the modern touches but I would be proud to have in my display case. My hat goes off to you for a great job done on this build.

To be honest I am one that hates with a passion todays large wheels,and I will not change my mind,but with that being said every once in a while I will see someone build a model with large wheels and I just have to say hey that looks ###### good. And you have not only built one of those models but you change the color on a famous show rod and to me I could actually see the original car being built in that color. You have built a model that not only looks great with the modern touches but I would be proud to have in my display case. My hat goes off to you for a great job done on this build.

That's the SAME thing I was going to say...

To be honest I am one that hates with a passion todays large wheels,and I will not change my mind,but with that being said every once in a while I will see someone build a model with large wheels and I just have to say hey that looks ###### good. And you have not only built one of those models but you change the color on a famous show rod and to me I could actually see the original car being built in that color. You have built a model that not only looks great with the modern touches but I would be proud to have in my display case. My hat goes off to you for a great job done on this build.

x2!

I agree 100% , it looks great in that color with the modern rolling stock ! Has a kind of sinister / gangster look to it . . . I love it ! :)