Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone else suffer from "Projectiitis:?

vamach1

Wait a minute, I remember a commercial, guy saying I'm not only a client etc.........reminds me of me.... Maybe you shouldn't listen to me after all!!!!!! LMBO :lol::D:P

I have close to 50 projects going too.

I just call it A.D.D.

Edited by DrKerry

Yes, I certainly do. I believe my problem lies in some underlying need or desire to have the model on which I am currently working be better than my last completed model... or, maybe not, I don't really know. Or, I might subconsciously feel that with each completed model, time keeps slipping away and I have grown a little older. Kinda like having kids. You want to see them grow up and succeed (i.e., you can't wait until they get out of the house!), yet as they do, you realize that you miss the time that you spent with them, the trials and tribulations and how they and you improved in that time.

I do know that I have about... twenty projects in various stages of construction. Some are not very complex, requiring not much to complete- why I haven't gotten back to them is beyond me but I have all honest intentions of doing so in the not-too-distant future. Some, being way complex and detailed, became too tedious and were put away "just for now" ( :lol:). Some needed better skills and understanding than I had at the time, so they were put away until I could figure out what to do and how. Yet, I keep buying- but not as many as I once did.

I'm fortunate in that I tend to keep very detailed notes for my builds so I do have some reference when I open those looooooooooooong term projects. There's not as much of "What the hell was I gonna do with THIS?" as one might think. And some of those projects were started about 15 years ago (shudder). Tempus fugit.

Edited by johnbuzzed

My biggest problem is running out surplies no car to get to hobby shop so when I get to a point in my project that's what happens to me. So I start another project until I can get my surplies for the first one by than I forgot what surplies I needed for it lol

Yeah - I think a majority of modelers do "it". I once bought a large estate collection and the previous owner had hundreds - literally hundreds of kits started. He would open them, sand a few parts, primer a little, putty something, and put it back in the box. Out of about 700 to 800 kits, I bet 300 were started to some degree.

I have about four at the moment.

That sounds sorta like me,must've been one of my long lost relatives.

nope , i have loads of inspiration and ideas , sorry ..

but when summer hits us ... thats usually my down time .. i do build on a rare occasion but ... winter time is build build build ..

but its natural to have periouds where its like uhhmm i'm stuck or like no inspiration or you feel like i dont feel like building ....