Model Cars Magazine Forum

pets.....

tubbs

This morning I had to take my old cat, Asparagus, "Gus" into the vet to be put to sleep. The old guy had not been doing well for a while now. But, he really went down hill in the last 36 hours. He lived a good life. He made it to 18-1/2 years of age. I loved the little guy. He will be missed. Bless you Gus. Your in God's hands now. And thank you for being part of my life for 18-1/2 years.

Scott

Thanks guys. Dan, it didn't take 20 years for Gus to make family. He was family right from the beginning. I hope he's now enjoying watching birds in heaven. And someday, hopefully not too soon, I'm be up there with him to give him some of his much loved ear scratches again. Already missing you Gus.

Scott

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Scott. :(

Having went through this a few years ago, it's never easy. Still think about my KitKat from time to time. Now my other one who's nearly 13 is starting to have problems. Yeah, it's tough to see them grow old and not play like they used to.........you get so attached to them, and how well I know that.

For the last few years she ran us 7-10K/year which we gladly paid.

She had an ophthalmologist, cardiologist and a neurologist but in the end, a brain tumor took her away.

The songs etc that keep repeating in my mind are;

Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling foofy girl, you are gone and lost for ever oh my darling foofy girl.

And;

All the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put my darling lil girl back together again.

Just completely and utterly devastating to an order of magnitude.

I was hesitant to post but misery just loves company. Unsure how you all are dealing with your loses.

Post away! We've all been there and understand. Grief is a personal thing, and everyone goes about it differently and to different degrees. We lost our dog Ted a few months ago and my wife is pretty much over it while I'm still grieving. Some people get a bit embarrassed to be grieving over an animal, especially around non-pet owners, but they are part of our family, almost human. I am taking Ted's death harder than I have some humans. Part of that is that he lived here in the house and was part of our life. When I clatter a plate in the kitchen I still expect him to come running. When I look in the den and see a blanket crumpled up on the couch, I expect to see him in that pile. It's only once they're gone that we realize how much a part of our daily lives they were!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Thank you.

I was hesitant to post but misery just loves company. Unsure how you all are dealing with your loses.

hey Brian, at least on this thread, NEVER hesitate to post something about your pet. we all look at them as family and it is a big, big loss. my guy will be 3 this year and if he is not laying upstairs in our bed in MY spot, he is beside me or somewhere in the room. it's going to be hell when he is gone and I will not deal with it to well.

Post away! We've all been there and understand. Grief is a personal thing, and everyone goes about it differently and to different degrees. We lost our dog Ted a few months ago and my wife is pretty much over it while I'm still grieving. Some people get a bit embarrassed to be grieving over an animal, especially around non-pet owners, but they are part of our family, almost human. I am taking Ted's death harder than I have some humans. Part of that is that he lived here in the house and was part of our life. When I clatter a plate in the kitchen I still expect him to come running. When I look in the den and see a blanket crumpled up on the couch, I expect to see him in that pile. It's only once they're gone that we realize how much a part of our daily lives they were!

Yeah I'm familiar to that, my dog Laïka ran away when she got the chance, got hit by a car, first time she'd run away.

She got 10 months old and I still see her laying in the sofa while I'm blasting Best of You from the Foo Fighters when I was home alone, now we got Sandy, but she likes to lay on the ground, due Laïkas accident I'm muuuuuuch closer to Sandy. :) we got Sandy just 2 days after Laïka because the house was just tooooooo empty and we all couldn't live with that.