Model Cars Magazine Forum

pets.....

tubbs

Good for you TJ. Wish more people would adopt and not use puppy mills. I have 4 right now. None from the shelter but most were homeless strays who adopted us. Very cute puppy that will bring you many years of happiness.:)

This little guy adopted us a few years ago. There used to be four, but I believe the foxes in my area got the others. One night he decided to roost in the tree right next to my bedroom window, he has been there every night since. I put corn and foul pellets out for him. He often sleeps, during the day, on one of the window sills in my basement. You will not stop laughing if you ever get to see one run. My nephew named him Kevin.

• 1 year later...

This is "Shorty" the stinky beagle.

DSCF2969.jpg

DSCF2970.jpg

Spoiled rotten he is.

DSCF2968.jpg

I got him from the Humane Society of Missouri 10 years ago this week. He is a hurricane Rita orphan. My then wife and I had just got back from a Vegas trip when a friend that worked there called about all the dogs they had gotten. Most  needed adoption or else........ 

So we go over to the St Louis office and look around. This little booger was asleep in a crate having been treated for heart worms. My wife wanted a beagle badly so we asked if he was adoptable. They put us in a meeting room and let him walk in. For some strange reason I chose to sit on the floor instead of the bench. This dog crawled in my lap and went to sleep. My first though? "Oh Scheist, I'm a dog owner" 

G

This guy passed over the rainbow bridge back in April. 4/20 to be exact, a fitting date for this mellow fellow.

G

Sorry to hear that Wayne!  Sounds like you gave him a good life.

I lost my Ted a few years ago. Have really missed having a dog since!  I was out gardening on Sunday, sitting on the lawn pulling weeds out of a bed. A cat with a pink collar trotted up to me and climbed right onto my lap.  I pet him for a few minutes and he walked off.   Little did he know I enjoyed those few minutes more than he did!

• 3 weeks later...

Not a pet exactly, but I found a baby house wren on my front porch the other night. It seemed dazed and disoriented, and had scraggly feathers that weren't all the way in yet. Incredibly tiny bird. I managed to catch it...and if I could catch it, the neighborhood cats would surely have had a wren snack that night. Brought it in, put it in a box, and let it go in the morning. It seemed to be completely recovered, and shot out of the box like a rocket when I opened it up.

Image result for house wren

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...