Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Leftovers" Concept car

skymnky721

Yes your right,,its the trailer from the Silhouette! LOL What happened was I built the car yrs ago,,and started on the trailer,,and guess what? The car wouldnt fit in the trailer w/the glass on it! What the? So I looked things over to see if I mis-assembled the trailer,,,and I followed the directions right,,and it just wouldnt fit,,so I walked from finishing the trailer,,,went back a few weeks later,,and thought" "ok,,so what am I gonna do with this"? And I was determined to do something with it,,the kit was nearly 30$,,so I was going to get something out of it whether the mfgr wanted me to or not! lol So grabbed the spare parts bx,,and started sizing stuff ect,,now that I look at it,,I should have saved that caddy engine for something else,,itrs a cool mtr. I guess I could always pop it out and install in something else. You guys are cracking me up with some of the "suggestions" as what it may be. lol I promise to not post such bizzareness in the future,,I thought about it later after posting,,and thought " maybe I shouldnt have posted that,,some or many{for all I know} may not dig such a wacked idea",, Im not too good at "conforming" to conventional approach to some things,,maybe Im the one whos "whacked" lol. Thanks for being tolerant to some of my warped builds! Happy Building!

Thanks for the kind words,,ya know,,if I spent some real time on it,,it could be made into a " drivable" car,,the headers would have to re-routed 1st,{ little warm to the front seat riders where they exit now,,lol} maybe some larger tires,,,a windshield of some type. It might work,,thanks for looking.

There is a photo in a 60's magazine, don't recall which one, which shows a truck made from this trailer. The rear of the trailer is the front of the truck. Maybe someone remembers. I'll search through my mags and see if I can find it, if one of you fine folk don't find it first.