Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black and Gold

935k3

Some pics of my WIP of a 1993 Lancia Delta Rally car by Hasegawa. I got new decals by SHUNKO because the kit decals have yellowed. The slight offset of the ESSO decals on the roof is accurate per

the real car. Paint is Krylon black(Lacquer) and Tamiya TS21 gold with Testor's wet Look clear. Some striping was done with decals painted. Thre is a wing(not decalled yet)that goes on the back of the roof. Also need cleanup and touch up.

Edited by 935k3

i recently bought the Burago diecast kit with every intention of building it and when i saw your build i thought 'time to get that out and have a look inside'.....a bit of a disappointment it must be said

DSCF0909_zps32b9e815.jpg

DSCF0910_zps1612a156.jpg

not quite sure if the body on the 1:1 car split half way along the roof, the kit featured as the star of this thread certainly doesn't appear to. i would have thought access to the engine would have been through the rear hatch. interestingly there do appear to be representations of catches moulded near the bottom of the split section so maybe they're right.

DSCF0911_zps2764cab2.jpg

DSCF0912_zps4ce880a1.jpg

DSCF0913_zps8d54462b.jpg

DSCF0914_zps4e49ed04.jpg

the above two pics pretty much show the detail parts for the interior and engine, somewhat sparse to sat the least

DSCF0917_zpsdfbc1b4f.jpg

wheels....not what you'd call overdetailed are they.

DSCF0918_zps9b424cc5.jpg

DSCF0919_zps7edbb92b.jpg

decals appear to be pretty good, nicely printed and seems thick enough to not show the black paint underneath. i can think of a couple of other WIP's that could use the screen visor and the weber decals though

having seen the level of detail in the thread subject and compared it to what came in this one, it might be staying in the box for a while yet......

anyone got any ideas on the hinge in the middle body though?

EDIT: just google image searched Lancia Delta S4 and whaddya know, it was hinged in the middle......heres a pic of a real one

lancia_zps4727483d.jpg

Edited by spotarama

The S4 was a totally different beast than the one I am building. It was buit to Group B specs and was an all out mid- engine prototype. Check out som group B rallys on you tube. It was wild time in rallying.

Edited by 935k3