Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Custom, Altered Wheelbase drag car

6bblbird

This is a fairly recent completion that was built for a Jersey Shore MCC contest. It's based on the Revell '57 Ford Custom.

Modified body and chassis with a lot of fabbed parts. Engine is a Mopar Max Wedge with Johan headers. The front and rear suspension was lifted from a Revell Miss Deal. Paint is Tamiya Chrome Yellow and Testors Diamond Dust.

photo24-vi.jpg

photo16-vi.jpg

photo26-vi.jpg

photo30-vi.jpg

Please tell me your front axle spring doesn't attach to the oil pan!

{It looks that way in picture 3.}

No, it is attached to the crossmember directly behind it.

photo27-vi.jpg

See the bolts going horizontally back to the cross member? No? Use your imagination! Does the oil pan sit too close to the crossmember and axle? Yes, but there is actually no oil in it. :D

Edited by 6bblbird

Great looking AWB '57 Ford! I like the headers a lot and it sits just right like that. Great job as always.

as long as you don't put a Chevy in a Mopar body, it's perfectly o.k. :)

Well that would be the only way to make a Mopar faster, nicer or more reliable... :lol:

(Just Kidding Here)

Love it! And who cares about engines in them anyway? My dad's first truck was a 55 F-100 with a 392 Firepower Hemi. Dad had tried to patch the cab mounts and floor boards with fiberglass, he said it held up fine until he fired the engine. Then the torque from that old Hemi ripped the glass clean off. So if anything, the car would be ripped apart by the engine anyway. :lol: