Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 chevelle

Bluemiles22

Thanks for the compliments guys. Paint is all auto air colors, bright blue candy over aluminum. The stripes were done in a base of metallic white. The clear coat is testors gloss lacquer with a little bit of pearl ex mixed in. The body was wet sanded and polished, and is in the process of being foiled. I'll have more pics up later today.

VERY NICE! Love the subtlety of those ghost stripes, and I also like the fact that you're finishing it off as a "conventional" Malibu in lieu of an SS. Also like the job you did integrating that cowl scoop. Seems like too many people have trouble getting those integrated well.

Definitely seems true to the style that many guys would build in 1:1.

Just a heads up ..... You'll need to trim about an 1/8 th of an inch off of each side of the front of the frame . Otherwise , it will flare out the bottom of the front fender , causing the bumper / grill not to fit properly !

Donn thanks for the tip, very much appreciated!

Edited by Bluemiles22

VERY NICE! Love the subtlety of those ghost stripes, and I also like the fact that you're finishing it off as a "conventional" Malibu in lieu of an SS. Also like the job you did integrating that cowl scoop. Seems like too many people have trouble getting those integrated well.

Definitely seems true to the style that many guys would build in 1:1.

Thanks! I'm liking that I decided to do this one a little different than the SS version, it's definitely keeping the build interesting having a little room to do whatever I want. The hood was a little bit of a pain. Every time I stripped paint off of it, it caused the putty to weaken so I was ending up with a noticeable line showing. This weekend I'll get that all straightened out and get some paint and stripes on it.

whouw !! thats stunning !!

Thank you!

WOW!!

Detailing on this is amazing especially the engine detailing!

I really like what your doing!

Thank You for sharing

Later

Russ

;)

Thank you! I made a little bit of progress on some of the interior, it's not quite there yet but it's getting done. So far I have all the parts painted and I started detailing the dash and door panels.

8D213C51-D1CA-4A4D-9C70-F748298C6036-315

A19B16E0-21D7-4135-94B1-7E86790BDB1F-315

I'm not crazy about how those pin heads came out, they look a little out of whack. I may take them out. I went with gauges from protech instead of the kit decal just to give it a little more of a custom look.