Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Charger 500 Pro Street

Speedpro

Really appreciate all the great comments everyone and thanks for following along. Been slow at the bench due to nice weather and the honey do list. Got a couple hour's in tonight and worked on the tail end getting the bmf applied. I Filled the tail lamp housings again and then did the lip of the housing. And then finished off with the trim under the trunk lid and down the sides......

009_zpsb427aff3.jpg

And here's with the lenses set in the housing. The right hand lens don't fit to well. I'll see if that can be fixed.

016_zps0d0d643c.jpg

017_zps4bcac6ea.jpg

I stripped the chrome off of the blower. Then I cut a small piece of brass rod to mount the pulley to.

004_zpsb21a9f0b.jpg

The hole on the front of the blower was opened up to fit the rod and the piece glued in.

005_zps64ad064e.jpg

The last pic is what I'm thinking of using to top off this hemi, but I'm not sure yet.

007_zps6d2b82c7.jpg

019_zps317c6c56.jpg

More to come and thanks for looking........

yes i know what you mean with the nice weather i also got a bit of a build dip .. have not even started a new project .. been moving dirt in the garden .. want to build a big wood deck / lounge earea in the back .. so i knwo what you mean :)

but man that rear looks sweet .. what i also love it you took a less detailed and "good" kit and made it .... great ..

loving the blower .. going to be one sweet model !!

• 4 weeks later...

Been a couple weeks since a update. Just haven't had much time to build lately. Worked on the blower some more. I made the blower bigger as it looked to small when the engine was in the car. Took some sheet styrene and glued them together. I then shaped it and attached it to the back of the blower and added the end plate. Made the adapter that the injector hat and fuel lines go to also..........

001_zpsd4aba574.jpg

002_zpsc3b896a8.jpg

003_zps7ce6a658.jpg

Ended up painting the blower body color and wrapped the adapter with BMF. Before the blower was mounted to the engine I added a coil to finish the ignition. Here's a pic of the engine......

006_zps38abb3d5.jpg

007_zps9dae5441.jpg

And in the engine bay............

014_zps6f2d3837.jpg

Got the wheels mounted to the tires.

015_zps4d49aa3c.jpg

awesome looking. the color really pops on that charger. take another look at your frame supports in the engine bay, they may be positioned where the radiator core support goes... of course I am going back to read the rest of the posts to see if you are actually using the core support. if it is, just trim the core support around the bracing. love those weld wheels, have a set on my 1:1 and 1 1/25 set that just sit in the box waiting to be mounted to something.

nice to see pro streeters alive and well.