Model Cars Magazine Forum

100 year-old muscle car

Harry P.

If the kit manufacturers were confident enough they would sell to justify releasing them back in the '60s and '70s, when most modelers were kids, wouldn't it seem that now, when most modelers are adults, that subjects like these would have an even greater appeal than they did "back in the day" when most modelers were kids?

Wow Harry, you really do build! Very nice job......very realistic..............it is funny to think of this as a muscle car......you know. muscle cars, late 60's GTO's, Chevelle's, Torino's and Roadrunners, that's what I think of, but I guess you are right calling this a muscle car for the era. pretty cool......it all depends on how you look at something.

If the kit manufacturers were confident enough they would sell to justify releasing them back in the '60s and '70s, when most modelers were kids, wouldn't it seem that now, when most modelers are adults, that subjects like these would have an even greater appeal than they did "back in the day" when most modelers were kids?

I would agree, apparently the model companies do not. Is it only us 'old fogeys' interested in the brass era?

I would agree, apparently the model companies do not. Is it only us 'old fogeys' interested in the brass era?

I'm 38 and hardly an "old fogey." I just think brass/early cars are really cool. And very interesting to look at and study- how the rudiments of what we now drive started out. In many cases, even the mechanical parts are works of art.

Charlie Larkin

SUPERB! Congratulations Harry- everytime I look at it I find a new detail. just noticed the grease cup behind fan and neat hose clamps. the Stutz badge really adds a nice touch-perfect size. Really Spot-on car in all respects- Ive never seen a better Aurora! Museum Quality Indeed !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by f1ford48