Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detroit area shops..

Heading to downtown Detroit for a Wings game this weekend and was wondering if there are any Hobby shops in the area. We have some extra time on Sat. to make some stops (hopefully).

let me know...

thanks,Zen

There's nothing very close to Downtown Detroit.On your way in from Muskegon try stopping at the Model Cave in Ypsilanti(an excellent selection in a small place and the owner is a great guy).If you want to try driving a little further out from Downtown there's Whistle Stop on Harper Avenue in St.Clair Shores,P&D on Groesbeck in Roseville,Prop Shop Hobbies on Van Dyke in Warren(small model selection there),or Great Lakes Hobby on Van Dyke north of 19 Mile Road in Utica.

MODEL CAVE FOR THE WIN!! Got to stop there Sat. on the way home, well worth it for sure. Got to pick thru a recent collection they got in and came home with 4 older kits. The owners were very nice also, mentioned that you guys told me about it.

thanks again all!

I stopped there Saturday on the way home from the Sylvania,Ohio show(I don't get a chance to get to that area of town often-it's almost an hour from my house) .Took over 90 minutes to finally decide what I wanted to buy because there were so many tempting kits.Finally bought a couple of kits and some paint from Jon and Melissa-Friendly people willing to help you get what you need.