Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real facts, before they went with the 1969 Dodge Charger as the General Lee, they did look at at few other car makes like a Camero and so on. They even had planed on having the flag on the hood and not the roof. It was then moved to the roof due to the hood area having indentations. Plus the color original was not orange.. it was confederated gray, but due to the cameras and the color they decided orange was the one.

If you all say in that clip is the first time you get to see the fenders fold back under without a cutscene. You haven't really watch the episodes of the 1979 to 1985 series Dukes of Hazzard tv show. As in some of the episodes you do see the fenders crumple, buckle, fold under.. you even see the whole charger riffle and crumple on landings in quite afew of the episodes before they cut the scene. LOL

That was a sick video. I watched a show about the dukes they had 10 cars they always used and I think they said that they destroyed 500 of them. Not to sure about the number cause it was a long time ago an I smoke way too much weed to remember the actual number. The first few seconds of the clip I thought it was the real car

That was a sick video. I watched a show about the dukes they had 10 cars they always used and I think they said that they destroyed 500 of them. Not to sure about the number cause it was a long time ago an I smoke way too much weed to remember the actual number. The first few seconds of the clip I thought it was the real car

Not all the Chargers was infact scrap, believe it or not but over 20+ Real General Lee's lived after the show ended in 1985. Over 300 General's was built for the show by 5 body shops back in the 1979 - 1985. Before WB started removing body panels off the chargers, the cars was taken to scrap yards, and after they trucks left, the damage cars got repainted and sold off by the workers of the scarp yards. So those Generals are out there some where floating about. A few has been found. Afew of the chargers also was repainted and used in films after 1985. Forever Young was one of the films, Gladiator with Ken W was another.. ect ect. Heat of the Night has a General repainted Blue in it. The 1st two GA potrol cars are still around yet also.

Oh and I almost forgot the hood jump was supposed to be a full jump over the hood but his boot got hooked on the fender and made his slide across the hood. So they decided to keep the hood slide

You got part of the story correct, that scene was for him to walk over the hood and jump in the pass side door window. Instead they wax the hood way to much, park the General Lee (Lee3) at a angle. John (Bo) came down over the hill and smack the driver side door and went for the door handle and fast realized he had to go for the window (you can see this on screen as well) and Tom (Luke) he was pose to walk over the hood, that's why he jump up on the hood for was to walk over it. But as he bailed up onto the hood and his right foot hit the hood. Due to the hood being heavy waxed, he right foot went out from under him making him do the famous hood slide all the way cross the hood and braking the radio antenna off with his right arm. He broke the antenna right off above the base causing the broken part on the fender slicing his arm open 5 inches. You can hear him on screen give out a gust of sound as he came off the hood and his feet hit the ground. That's why his right shirt sleeve was torn for as he spond around to jump head first into the pass side window of Lee3 for.

Also, to clear something up, in the 5th episode High Octane, when Cooter is under the General Lee and spooks Uncle Jesse. You see a smash in right hand tail side. That damage happen when the General Lee (Lee3) rammed the Alanta potrol car after the famous Luke Duke hood slide was done. You see when the stunt driver rammed the potrol car with the General Lee, the General's right pass side took on a good blow and damage hard enough to in fact spend that potrol car all the way around cause the tail end of that very potrol car to in fact smack the General's pass side rear tail end cause that smash in damage we see in High Octane. Also how did Cooter know about the burnt out tail light in High Octane on the General? Easy, there was an addinal scene to the opening shot of the episode that didn't get film. The scene called for Cooter chasing or racing the Duke boys into town. He was pose to fall behind the General and notice the burnt out tail light and then they jump the flat bed trailer and he was pose to lay down his dirt bike and slide under the flatbed trailer but the stunt was to dangerous for the stuntman as I heard the guy tried it and got hurt. But the scene didn't get film though. Only the jumping of the flatbed did though. There was a few angled camera shots of the jump filmed which appeared in a later episode when John (Bo) was off at Nascar and Tom (Luke) was driving the General and a road crew in that episode had the road block on one side and a unitly trailer was park on the right hand side and Luke had to hit it to jump a trailer blocking the road. The High Octane jump different jump angel was recycled into that episode where you can see the General with a full stunt cage take a very very bad tail end smack on the road as the car landed trunk first and the car crumple up in the rear and front.