Model Cars Magazine Forum

NoVette

I worked on the interior tub today. I finished the fabrication of the tubs and the tunnel between them. I also added to the rear part of the interior side panels as they were originally designed to end at the seats. A 4 point rollbar was made and the interior is starting to look like something. The seats are from an 87 Corvette.

P3230571Medium_zpsc0efbe9e.jpg

P3230572Medium_zps6680c4a8.jpg

P3230573Medium_zpsc0ed721d.jpg

Thank you for the comments everyone.

Hey David, are you gonna use the rear part of the seat center section still? (the one that's in your mockup?) Shaun.s

No Shaun, it just never looked right to me once I got the seats.

Edited by Psychographic

I added some bracing to the frame rails. I also removed the leaf spring from the rear, replaced it with locating rods and made a can-over (it's a coil-over shock that uses an airbag rather than a coil spring). I have to run to the hardware store to get more O-rings to make one for the other side. I replaced the trailing arms with new ones that show the suspension in the dropped position.

P3260588Medium_zps4af27fc4.jpg

P3260587Medium_zpsb14a9bc7.jpg

Edited by Psychographic

I decided that I procrastinated long enough on getting the door hinges mounted so today I made an effort to figure them out. I think I have one side done, I'll know once the cement dries completely so I can fine tune it before tackling the other side. Once I'm sure this method will work, I'll shorten the pieces under the fender and try to trim the door piece a bit.

P3280589Medium_zps5d8b4639.jpg

P3280590Medium_zps8fa56e27.jpg

Edited by Psychographic