Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cover versions of well-known songs

"Nobody's Fault But Mine" was yet another song that Zeppelin stole without giving any credit. It's amazing how many songs we all think of as Zeppelin originals are either direct ripoffs or slightly reworked versions of somebody else's work (and I say that as a huge Zeppelin fan)! I hate to admit it, but they stole from everyone!

The original "Nobody's Fault But Mine"...

​The same applies to so many bands. Look at the garbage that they're sampling classics into today….

Wow! I've never heard of Tool but those kids rock! The vocalist certainly does a great job and the rest are fantastic as well.

Here's another clip of young people covering a popular tune. Aaron Okeffe has a bunch of videos of kids covering some good stuff. The Pantera covers are amazing…. this one kid nails Dime's guitar playing.

Great thread!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXsjqeVywkw

Stevie Ray Vaughans version of little wing by Hendrix

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nZsFWuXNiNE

Dave Matthews band and warren Haynes covering Neil youngs Cortez the killer.

Not sure if these really qualify as well known songs but they're killer versions.

One more, joe satriani covering sleep walk, not sure who wrote the original

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=msq6v1zzZps

CHILDREN killing a Tool cover. While Tool may not be a universally appreciated group (one of my favorites) they ARE a musical tour-de-force. Stand-out's are the drummer and vocalist. Not easy stuff to play, these kids got skills.

Danny Carey is a beast on drums.

I can't post any of my favorite cover songs, because I can't even mention the name of the band on this forum...

sure you can...

back street boys

in-sync

Justin bieber

starland vocal band

see, it's easy

This is sort of a "semi" cover.... because the original artist is part of it!

It's Bruce Springsteen and Melissa Etheridge doing an acoustic version of the classic "Thunder Road." If there ever was a female artist who can do that song justice, it's Melissa Etheridge. I love this version of the song with Melissa playing that 12-string...

Harry, do you know who Les Claypool is? He's the kooky, somewhat eccentric brains behind Primus. Him and some of his buds started a band called The Frog Brigade. Anyways, on the album "Live Frogs, Set 2" they cover the entire Floyd album Animals. And it's a live recording, not studio!

Harry, do you know who Les Claypool is? He's the kooky, somewhat eccentric brains behind Primus. Him and some of his buds started a band called The Frog Brigade. Anyways, on the album "Live Frogs, Set 2" they cover the entire Floyd album Animals. And it's a live recording, not studio!

Never heard of him. I'll have to checkout youtube.

Joss Stone and Melissa Etheridge doing Janis Joplin. Joss Stone does "Cry Baby" solo, then she and Melissa do "Piece of My Heart." M.E. was making her first appearance onstage after having undergone chemotherapy for breast cancer, hence the bald head. But what a performance from a person who was just still recovering from cancer surgery and treatment...