Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Corvette 427 Convertible

Prince Ital Mike

Nice build, really like the body color. The seats is not my taste but overall great build.

Did you have issues with the front window, I saw some topics with problems about fitting the windows into the frame.

I think that I was lucky, the front window just snapped inside. The side windows are a bit lifted up, but the gap is quite small, so I left it as it is. Only the wipers had to be shortened a bit, as they crossed.

Btw is the gascap upside down or does it only look like that?

Here I followed the instruction sheet and it seems that it was wrong. I could change it, but the decal would be upside down then, so I will probably leave it as it is...

Very well done. 1 bugaboo, being it has the shielded distributor, spark plug wires should be braided steel.

Ooops, didn't know that... didn't recognize it on my reference photos from google. (and my engine know-how is too low)

Big thanks to everyone for the comments!!!

Edited by Prince Ital Mike

Ok, I agree it's an unusual color scheme, and nice to see something different. But the white seats in an otherwise tan interior don't work. A nice model, very well built and showing a high level of skill and craftsmanship... but sorry, the white seats/tan everything else don't work for me.

I see where you're coming from guys. The white seats are a little "funky". In my opinion, all black would have been the best choice, especially with the black "stinger" on the hood. But all tan, or even red would have looked good. But, overall, a very nice build Michael! The paint & detailing are exceptional! :) Steve

That's a very nice, clean, well detailed build. You can add me to the list of people who love the color combo (seats excluded).

My only critique would be that some of the panel lines are a bit too dark. This is often a problem with light colors if you use a traditional black wash on them. A better choice would be a slightly darker shade of the base color, or at least something in the same color range. A very light application of very well thinned burnt umber oil paint would be my choice.