Model Cars Magazine Forum

First One Done (kinda)

Dale W. Verts

Okay, I'm going to call this one mostly done. It was the second car I started when I came back to this insanity in January. I keep piddlin' with these things and decided to call it quits. I should have wired it up. I should have, well, I should have done a lot of things. As it is except for a slight lowering and a resin steering wheel this one is box-stock. But it looks good settin' on the shelf and that's what I wanted it to do.

P50800042.jpg

Thanks for lookin', and continued "thanks" to all those that share their expertise.

Dale

Edited by Dale W. Verts

Really Keen Carl, That's a nice old hot rod. I am in between projects now. Looking at your panel sedan delivery makes me think of a parts git'r for my hot rod shop...Thanks for the kind words about the GTO. Love those 60s power cars. I have 2 Olds 442s the convertible and the hard top. I was think'n about doing a His and Her's. The Rag Top Red with Black interior for Her..And the Hard Top Black with a Red interior for the Guys car...Kind'a of a Hot Rod Yen and Yang. I guess my work bench would be full especially if I do the Sedan Delivery at the same time...I will sleep on it and let you know...

looks great! you can get good results from cheap paint, just gotta experiment some. I used rustoleum on this, with no clear, it was my second build after 20+ years away from this plastic insanity :D

photo_zpsebaeae23.jpg

Man, nice rig tbill. My late brother did amazing things with rattle-cans years back. Cheap paint takes patience. I have about forty cans from full to almost gone from when I built wood arrows for folks-

UBM.jpg

Thought I'd have to throw it away, but now I'm sure I'll use up most of it.

Dale

Edited by Dale W. Verts

Going to have to agree with Rob 100% there, master the basics(sanding seam/mold mark's, prep,prime,paint and foil/decal's) ,then you worry about all the extra stuff. Great looking build and sound's like your already on the right track to making the next one better. The forum and magazine here are the best out there, the member's here are of the most talented in the world and always help when asked question's. Have fun and keep building.