Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Bubble Top Belair

StevenGuthmiller

Thanks everybody! Lee, The side windows are very easy. Just pieces of clear sheet plastic cut to size, trimmed with foil & glued in place. Mike, The "bubble top" roofline was the standard in '61 on all of the GM cars & was replaced in '62 buy the more formal "convertible look" tops in '62 on all except the '62 Belair hard top. There may have been some cheaper Pontiac, Buick or Olds hard tops that carried over the bubble top roof into '62 as well. Not sure about that. Steve

Now that I was thinking of it all the '62 drag cars had the bubbletop. Like the Dave Strickler car

Don. Like I said, I'm not 100% possitive because I built this kit many years ago, but I believe it was MCW '69 Chevrolet "Azure Turquoise". The now defunct hobby shop that I used to go to years ago carried some MCW paints in a spray can & I'm pretty sure that's the paint I used. You can get the airbrush version of that color from MCW now, I have some. You may be able to still get it from him in a rattle can also. Steve

The settings on my camera are not set real well for out door shots. I seem to be getting more "blue" than I should be. I'll have to fiddle with it a bit. But anyway, here's an indoor shot that is probably a more accurate representation of the true color. And again, thanks every one, for the motivating comments! Steve

Thanks Guys! I guess you could say I'm a Cragar SS freak! Had them on my first car & they've been my go-to chrome wheel ever since. I don't remember what kit the BF Goodrich radials came from, but I love the detail on them, so I hoard them if I find a couple. Nice big white letters, That was the tire & wheel combo to have when I was a pup! :) Steve