Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 Gremlin X

mangodart

Hi guys,

here's my new build, an AMT 76 Gremlin, built box stock except for the vinyl roof and some detailing on the engine, chassis is unlarged to be close to the body.

DSC08081_zpsa5d1abb7.jpg
DSC08082_zps642c3a77.jpg
DSC08083_zpsfe099764.jpg
DSC08084_zpsc4df9e66.jpg
Some more pics to follow ;)

Edited by mangodart

Very nice! I like it, a lot. The vinyl roof looks a little odd though. Did AMC ever offer a Gremlin with a vinyl roof? I don't remember ever seeing one. Nice job on the vinyl top by the way. Despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of vinyl roofs, I can appreciate the work that went into doing one as nice as yours.

Scott

By the way, Emmanuel, I hope you show us and tell us more about your '75 and snowplow Gremlins in the very near future.

And Jules, I hope what you said about your wife isn't totally true. Though now you know part of reason I've never gotten married. Most gals I've dated were like that.

Scott

Thanks for the nice comments,

yes Scott, vinyl roof was an option on Gremlins : here is a page of the catalog where you can see it :

1976%20AMC%20Passenger%20Cars-12.jpg?m=1

I posted the 75 last year in the forum, and for the Snow Plow version, I will post it when finished ;)

Thanks for the nice comments,

yes Scott, vinyl roof was an option on Gremlins : here is a page of the catalog where you can see it :

1976%20AMC%20Passenger%20Cars-12.jpg?m=1

I posted the 75 last year in the forum, and for the Snow Plow version, I will post it when finished ;)

Wow! I don't remember ever seeing a Gremlin with a vinyl roof. Now seeing the brochure picture, I'm more impressed even yet with your model Emmanuel.

Scott