Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 2015 - NEW LOCATION & DATE

Danno

I was not able to meet some of you , and I am not sure if I should say this, but I was the one that was in charge of the audio for the show, I was the talking head that took over for Dan doing the raffle prizes. I encountered some technical issues that prevented back ground music that was planned for the show. And those issues delayed the start of the raffle prize drawings, and thanks to Brad for lending his voice and getting it started while I sorted out the issues.

Earlier someone asked if there was a way to call out the MCM folks. Maybe next year we can make an effort to have a group photo of the MCM folks in attendance. Put some names and faces together for those of us that missed each other. I did get a chance to talk with some folks tho, and saw some of the fine works of art up close and in person. Thanks to everyone for bringing out their models.

Well, the builder formally known as "Back Seat Bob" and I got back late last night, and now that I'm rested up a bit I wanted to take a minute to Thank all those involved in the show. I've been going to this show for several years now and have yet to come back disappointed. Dan, Bernie, and everyone else in the Cactus Car Modelers and Moonlight Modelers have made us feel like family. For those who have wanted to attend, and haven't yet, you are missing out one one good time.

It was great seeing some of the friends I've made there. Brad, Chris, Johnny Southside, Art, Paul, Had fun at breakfast.

See you guys next year (if not sooner).

Edited by 56bowtieguy

To echo everyone's sentiments, my wife and I really had a great time as well. Seeing our desert buddies is always a treat, and getting to meet Randy D. was a pleasure. Man, are his creations masterful! But there were a lot of stunning builds out there as well. The whole Cactus Modelers club did such a great job and vending went very well also. Thanks to everybody who picked up some of Pro Tech Charlie's great parts from me. I really did appreciate it. Looking forward to next year!

-Art

You bet Art. Glad you're now a ProTech vendor and I was able to see the products before purchasing. I've heard his stuff is the best out there and now I'd have to agree.

Your Stephanie's Rose, Corvette and other builds were flawless and exquisite masterpieces. I always enjoy viewing your creations.

Well, BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH, I knew I was gonna miss out on seeing some great builds. I especially wanted to see John's Corvette boat. I'll catch it at GSL in a couple of weeks. Eugene Curin's tractor was another that I wanted to see.

I absolutely LOVE being retired, but the "fixed income" part just kills me when I have to make some tough decisions. There are some that are easier than others, though!! Yikes!!!

TimP

Well, BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH, I knew I was gonna miss out on seeing some great builds. I especially wanted to see John's Corvette boat. I'll catch it at GSL in a couple of weeks. Eugene Curin's tractor was another that I wanted to see.

I absolutely LOVE being retired, but the "fixed income" part just kills me when I have to make some tough decisions. There are some that are easier than others, though!! Yikes!!!

TimP

We realllly missed you, Tim! It just wasn't the same without Paula and you being there.

{And Symonds had his run of the raffle!}

I just can't believe my schedule is working out this way. I missed the show by half a day. Now I'm running local out in Arizona to help out Pioneer sand this week. I hope to get a chance to swing into HobbyTown and look around and get over to Hobby Depot. I have stuff on hold over there.

Looks like I missed 1 helluva show. I'm gonna everything I can to be there next year.

Tim, I missed you too. Hope to see you next year.

I wish I had had more time to view the models. I only got a few photos this year.

Hey Tom,

Count on it, I'll be there! This will be my last GSL trip, so I won't have the time and money of that hanging over me. I truly want to do more "local" stuff. Limit myself to S.Cal, Colorado, New Mexico, maybe Nevada.

I think I may be going through "model menopause". YIKES, not sure what that means!!!! LMAO

Timmy

Sounds like this is another good show that I would like to attend so hopefully next year I can arrange my schedule to possible make it. I know the GSL is right around the corner also which this is on the top of my bucket list but I would like to get a few more builds under my belt before I make plans to attend the show.

My big concern about this location would be, if we had a storm like we had a few years ago, it could be a disaster.

Tom,

The roof situation was only a temporary fix - the final, fixed structure could not be in place by the event date. It will be by next year.

{We watched the weather reports VERY closely and had a 'Plan B' in event of moisture.}

Most of the vendors ~ at least the ones I've spoken with ~ have indicated it was a successful event with good results. Some have indicated it was far better than that.

All of that is great news. It's always a challenge to move to a new venue. We're very glad the feedback has been so positive. Next year will be even greater!!

I'm gonna go out on a limb, I WILL be there next year. I gotta be there to represent the heavy commercial catagory. I'll bring some just to display, not compete and a few to compete. I went by venue Wednesday last week. I was very impressed by the facility. I had to save my pennies so I could buy a few things that Ed at Hobby Depot had on hold for me, other wise I would've spent more than I did that day. Lookin forward to next year.