Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Thank you Randy & Michael..... btw, you BOTH owe us pics of your WIPS.......... :mellow:

Here's 2 pics from the "archives" that I thought you'd enjoy as I grind away on the rear of the chassis. Cheers, Tim

ryJTwinTurboCompletedEngine004-vi.jpg

ryJTwinTurboCompletedEngine005-vi.jpg

Tim... That Engine is just Unreal... It makes me want to have so much more done on my funny car engine. Man that thing is gorgeous. You are a Machine!!! I just love your work.

Now for the two pics of the chassis and penny... you need to quit teasing us with a full size chassis and Huge Penny that you machined....lol ;):lol::P . The work on the chassis is is just incredible. I need to challenge myself to make a brass chassis for my next build.

Guys, the motor looks like it could start up!

Tim, the cleaned up joints look really fine. I like too the way the whole frame has a soft, golden hue. Very clean work and I always enjoy looking, the detail and pride you put into your work is always a reminder on how and where I can upgrade my assemblies. These pics help me a lot!

Michael

To build something this elaborate, you have to be insane. This just out of control. The deeper you get, the closer to the straight jacket you get. Absolutely amazing work. Every time I see that motor, I can't believe it's scale. Awesome work man. Maybe the next one you build will actually run.

After a brief break, got some additional bars located and the pinion yoke hoop. Going to jump to the mill and work on a 4 link / rearend brace, wing struts, fuel tank, pinion yoke and then the x-brace (in brass). Thanks for looking. Tim

HenryJTwinTurboBackhalfFab3004-vi.jpg

HenryJTwinTurboBackhalfFab3019-vi.jpg

HenryJTwinTurboBackhalfFab3029-vi.jpg

As if I didn't get enough awesomeness at the DSC, I gotta come home to this? Getting closer and closer to a rolling chassis Tim.

I've been meaning to ask. You're referring from time to time about "cleaning up the joints." How is that done? Filing, sanding, reheating, really really strong dental floss?

Are you going to NNL East? If so, are you taking this as in progress? Just nosey, er, curious.

Tim... Every time I see your updates you have me drooling over your detail. Man what awesome craftsmanship. I always enjoy seeing your updates, they make me want to be a better builder for sure. I have run out for words to describe how Gorgeous this build is. I hope to get to see it in person one of these days.

Hi guys,

Joe - Page 27 has the pic (i had to download it again) and an explaination of the tools I use on clean-up of the joints. I only re-heat a joint if its absolutely necessary once I get a piece in place where I want it. I don't want to tempt fate and have it move on me by re-heating it. But I do that as well but I'll remove what I believe to be any excess solder first from the joint. Simply re-heating a joint with too much solder will just make it run somewhere else. Won't be making the NNL this year unfortunately. Taking the kids fishing. But I have every intention of going to the September Shootout in Gilbertsville, Pa. this year and will take the Henry no matter what state of construction it's in. I saw the DSC pics and I have to say that looked like one great show. Cool to see pics of you guys too. Just too far for me to travel.

Brad - Don't worry, I've had no moments of burn-out on this one yet. Fingers are crossed. Thanks for the compliments.

Clayton - Again, thank you! To do what you see that I posted yesterday was a 5 hour session. Crazy it takes so long to do what seems straightforward. Working in brass just naturally takes much longer than working in plastic, but I knew that going into it. But I'm pleased with the way it looks in the raw which you just can't achieve in plastic. (not knocking those that build in plastic btw) Granted, it will be painted someday (or will it?)

Chris - Thanks man. Saw the pics of your car on the tables at the DSC. SWEET. And Randys GT-40, Art's sprint car and John Teresi's entries (that bike was nutes) among others from this forum. The idea of wearing Forum name badges is a great idea to be able to search out fellow builders and finally meet and compare notes. Glad you had a blast and makes me really want to get to a show sooner than later.

Cheers, Tim

Tim.... It was a blast meeting some new friends at the DSC this year. Getting to meet Randy D. and Joe Goss as well as seeing their work in person was incridible. so is the September Shootout show in Gilbertsville The NNL one or is that a different one?

Chris, it's a show put on by the Central Pa. Modellers club. They have an enthusiastic club and gathering and from what I've read and the pics I've seen, would be a great one to make some time for. Cheers

Okay, I did my research and found 2 PA contests in September. The Super September Showdown in Gilbertsville on the 13th and the Three Rivers Automodelers have theirs on the 27th. I've been to a 3 Rivers event back in '92 when I lived in Virginia. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Hi Tim,

What fun it is to come back from a great show , DSC, and find that you have some progress for us to look at and drool over !!!!

The hoops look great and those x braces are just beautiful.

We've got to think about having east and west meet in the middle somewhere :)

Randy