Model Cars Magazine Forum

garage diorama fully detailed and fully scratch build ...

crazyrichard

thnx guys !

Oh I have to agree with you on the upper wood trim. So much better. Really looking forward to your progress on this Richard. Carry on.

yes you know after a while you evolve ...when i started this garage i wasnt as far as i'm now .. so some things def. can be improved on ..

90% is to my statisfaction all the countles hours to build all machine from scrap materials (instead of buying styrene) was fun and i still like them a alot ..

its more finetuning it , maybe addd a compresor and hard airlines along the wall ... stuff like that .. and add a ton of mini smalls .. you know like in the office earea i can add a lot of shelf stuff ..

and in between the upper wood trim will be beams , same wood to make it one beam ceiling ... i lso have a styrene H shape beam i want to build into the ceiling and make like a hand chain hoist that can move up and down ...

and try to make something of the exteriour .. still not sure what color the wallss should be outside :)

so i went on buiding some atmosphere and making the walls less empty with large white surfaces

first made a mooneyes banner , tried to mimick the trucktrailer tarp material look .. made it o it look like its been folded up for a long time , then pu up on the wall and filth collected on that over time

replaced the small flying service sign for a larger one , that got a bit more weatheing in photoshop as a base first

the office till need smalls and ome decoration .. started with a so cal sign on the wood edge

put a large elektrion oil ign on the wall in te garage

shot taken from inside the office looking out into the garage

added a  mopar sign

cool look with just enough coverage on the wall i think

a loose placed magnolene  ford oil ign on top of the cubbord bench .. and you see a test of a beam for the ceiling

more signage in the office

champion spark plug sign

no no secret :) i just made a box and put the movable strips in the center hole (non movable on mine and just glued in )

here is the base , all made from scrap material , the blue vented underside is made of a old labarotoruim test tray thing , the rest all platistic windowblind material

2afdea14d39367cf01d4593a0317fb36.jpg

for the "shimney" i used 2 straws

Edited by crazyrichard

Hi Richard,  Filling up the wall spaces turned out AWESOME!!!  my friend.

Randy

thnx randy , yes it gives it all more atmossphere ... some stuff could be build nicer and updated but i'm def. happy .. i will build a new garage in the future , smaller but with maybe more detail .. you know what i mean .. just look at your gass bottles !!! :)

no no secret :) i just made a box and put the movable strips in the center hole (non movable on mine and just glued in )

here is the base , all made from scrap material , the blue vented underside is made of a old labarotoruim test tray thing , the rest all platistic windowblind material

for the "shimney" i used 2 straws

Richard, would it be too much to ask for the dimensions.

Richard, would it be too much to ask for the dimensions.

no problem  , but it is in cm ..... its 4cm high 3cm wide and 3 cm deep , but the rear is a point shape on the top so its fits in the corner and sits against the walls

Adding the banners and signs really makes a tremendous difference. Looks AWESOME as Randy says.

yes it brakes the large white surface of the walls , thnx !

no problem  , but it is in cm ..... its 4cm high 3cm wide and 3 cm deep , but the rear is a point shape on the top so its fits in the corner and sits against the walls

yes it brakes the large white surface of the walls , thnx !

Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

i removed the beams .. and moved them up a bit .. on the firt picture you see beams against the wall just above the white of the wall , thats where the cross beams where and now they are higher , not only looks wat better from below looking up .. but the top is now all level ..  can make a celing that hinges open and make lighting in the ceiling

also removed some stuff i didnt like .. added some smalls and i'm finetuning and adding stuff every time

shot of the beams , also made some in the front to create some depth and later give support for the hinging ceiling with build in lighting

used a toy garbabe bin one of those weird soft plastics as a base , altered it slightly and painted it grey with some weathering .

added a sign and some gargage , nice add while simple to do .. maybe one day i really cratch one and change it

chrome coer on the mechanic counter and a carb stack part on the cabinet , wrench set on the counter

behind the mill was the scooter thats now in front of the office and behind the mill i placed a wheel / tyre and a toolcart

the comressor beside the bench , that was in front of the office and a wheel/tyre against the bench , just creating some organised mayhem and depth