Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Continental Gluebomb Restoration Added 1:1, 9/2/14

Porscheman

I bought this on ebay under built kits. It was a 4 door hardtop with the optional padded half roof and trunk kit installed. It was in ok condition, but those paddaed parts had to go. I was going to do another hardtop, but the last builder must of had stock in glue, because when I pried them off the damage from the glue was extensive. I ended up removing the top and rebuilding the trunk lid. The paint on this one is Tamiya's primer white, 4 coats of Lowes Valspar light blue spray, 4 coats of Testors wet look clear. The interior was done in Tamiya's racing blue over a semi-gloss black base coat and the glass was tinted with 3 very light coats of Tamiya's clear blue. It took a lot of polishing with Novus #2 to get the light blue to it's mirror finish. I don't think AMT made a 66 convertible, so this made a nice addition to my Lincoln collection and makes a nice companion for my 68 teal Conti. I'm waiting on a replacement windshield, because I crack this one during the conversion, so the sun visors will be installed then.

Let me know what you think, thanks for looking.

Al

post-8591-0-71854600-1409069746_thumb.jp

Edited by Porscheman

I bui8lt a '67 Lincoln convertible for the same reason; somebody glued (welded would be a better description) the padded roof on he top and the glass on the the inside of the roof.

AMT never made the '66 and '67 convertibles. Ford didn't make any '68 or '69s.