Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

The blue and white R-Model wrecker belongs to a friend of mine in Jersey,drove the truck 35 years before he retired it,he now has an AT-64 Autocar with a Century under-reach. I am looking to use the first gear wrecker body (probably) just hate to break up such nice trucks! I've had this project on my mind for a good many years,the RL-700L/sleeper will be a lot easier than the wrecker for sure! I just hope Round2 will re-issue the R-Model at some point in the future,the kits around now are just too expensive to stock up on..................................Mark

Well, as you may have seen earlier in this thread, I have bashed a few first gear wreckers for the bodies. I have 7 to be exact. I stripped the paint, ground off the screw tabs, and glued it together. Here are two that I rebuilt years ago. One I threw a 5th wheel and a winch on it, and the other a flatbed(ford C600 kit) and a load of lumber.I have another that is stripped and in primer(dont know where Im going with it yet) and another cut down to a single axle.

MackB611_zps75190bfd.jpg

MackB612_zps2143bc3a.jpg

2-3.jpg

8-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

008-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

Don't want to derail the thread, I did build the ALF/Holmes wrecker using Phil's 'how to' way back when.

I can't recall the Simba trade.

P1000309.jpg

P1000308.jpg

You start out using the AMT wrecker body and build from there.

I'm also crying at the first gear conversions, They should have made a DIY kit

They are nice and nothing like a B Mack, but the wrecker is so nice, I would get an 'infarc' grinding into the rivets

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

greg

Just a stash or I can say " to wardrobe". Over there I've got about 60 kits plus lot of PE parts... but these kit are for me :) I planned to build it up, but don't when. I' ve got no free time, now, unfortunately...:(

Edited by Pavel A.

..few months ago I boughts this worker for 80 euros incl. shipping...

attachicon.gifIMG_2014101548508.jpg

I want one of those tandem trailers. My father in law drives a 2014 Kenworth T800 with that box and trailer. I have the T800 conversion and the T600 kit, as well as the drive axle, and the main box. Now all i need is the trailer.....and the cummins.