Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped and Channeled '32 Ford 3-Window - Now Under Glass

Bernard Kron

Thanx everyone! As always, your interest is very much appreciated.

This will be the final update. I just have minor details like the radiator hoses, front crossbar, door handles and general cleanup to do and then I can take the final “beauty shots”. Lots of fabrication and fettling needed to be done, things like cutting a new drive shaft, modifying the kit exhaust system, notching the bottom of the grill shell to get the right height and spacing, etc. Looks like I’ll get it done in time for the December 31st deadline.

The motor is completed. The Revell Parts Pack Stromberg 97s I used lack heft and height so I added a couple of chromed scoops which are actually the custom taillight bezels from the AMT ’53 Ford Pickup kit, with the front end opened up. The headers also have connecting pipes added to them to hook up to the kit mufflers installed in the undercarriage (I’ll include a chassis shot with the final presentation pictures).

The grill is a Model Car Garage 4-inch chopped Deuce piece with the horizontal bars. The stock headlights were adapted from the Revell ’32 Ford 3-window kit to mount low on the shock mounts in keeping with overall stance of the car.

At the rear the standard Revell Deuce kit ’48 Ford taillights have been thinned down so they don’t protrude so much. In addition I omitted the kit clear red lenses, instead painting the recessed surface with transparent red. The overall effect is finer and more realistically in scale to my eye. The license plate frame is from a Model Car Garage Revell Deuce 3-window p/e set.

Thanx for lookin’ and following along,
B.

DSCF3534-web_zps7536f7e9.jpg
DSCF3530-web_zpsc6dfaca8.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron