Model Cars Magazine Forum

What non-auto model did you get today?

It's what DML is now referring to their line of kits as. They started with the "Imperial Series" which morphed into those elaborate 1000+ piece "Detail" kits. Folks balked at the super detail kits so they "dumbed them down" LOL and call them "Smart kits" now.

Truth be told you do get a bunch of extras especially when it's a subject like a Panzer III, which has multiple kits of all the variants. Kind of like a 3 in 1 car kit.

G

Wished they'd do that in the aircraft world! Well..................I guess they do. I currently have an Eduard Royal Class 109G next up on my bench with a separate brassin engine kit/ set(this thing really is a kit of its own!) and there's plenty of parts to go round!! (Two of everything--sprues, PE, decals, etc.) emotion-8.gif

It's what DML is now referring to their line of kits as. They started with the "Imperial Series" which morphed into those elaborate 1000+ piece "Detail" kits. Folks balked at the super detail kits so they "dumbed them down" LOL and call them "Smart kits" now.

Truth be told you do get a bunch of extras especially when it's a subject like a Panzer III, which has multiple kits of all the variants. Kind of like a 3 in 1 car kit.

G

I really like the Dragon smart kits. I recently got the sFH 18, and it's awesome. Now, if they'd just do some work on their idiotic instruction sheets,...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is automobile related or not. But today I got Polar Lights The Jetsons Spaceship snap kit. The reason I'm not sure if this auto related or not, is I never saw this vehicle as a "spaceship." I've always thought of it as a flying car. Spaceship or flying car, it's still pretty cool.

I did not buy the recent reissue of this kit. Because the latest version only comes with George and Astro as passengers. The earlier version came with the whole Jetson family. George and Jane. Judy and Elroy. And of course Astro. (Rosie the robot maid is not included.) So I went on eBay and sought out the early version. I paid a little more than I would, if I was willing to take the version with only George and Astro. But, I wanted the whole family.

This was a nice quick build. I did no painting to the kit. But, I did use glue on the non-transparent pieces. It took me maybe a half an hour to build. And it looks great. I like the fact that the transparent/clear dome came in bubble-wrap. So, there was no damage to it. Not a scratch. It was perfect.

A fun kit. I've thought about buying one for several years now. I'm glad I took the plunge and got one.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool indeed! Does that say 1/32 scale? I need to check out some of the bigger scale stuff. Almost everything I've got is 1/48.

Yep, 1:32 scale. For years now, larger scale planes have been a real passion of mine, but for practical reasons, I'm switching back mostly to 1:48 scale, though I've certainly got more 1:32 and 1:24 planes to build eventually. By the time you throw in armor, cars, ships and sci-fi/monster kits, having space to display things becomes a major concern.