Model Cars Magazine Forum

What non-auto model did you get today?

• 2 weeks later...

Wayne: I've never built a Cyber Hobby kit yet but have heard some good things about it. I've been mostly prone to the F-K series of 109 but as of late I've been eyeing the earlier birds and have recently acquired a C model. I'd be very interested in following this build whenever you get around to it.

Jeremy: I think I've built that kit before. As I remember it was a pretty straight forward build that even has the option to show off some engine detail and a panel that can be opened up on the port side below the cockpit. In any case, cool score dude.emotion-11.gif

Kevin: Umm I dunno bout dat! lol Will be watching for that "4" to be built.emotion-5.gif

Edited by mustang1989

You're gonna like what you see if you do that. I'm all in for a good 'ol Revellogram build but these other companies have really got their act together. I will say that Revell as of late has been upping the ante.

Oh yes, their 1:32 Ju 88A-4 is outstandingly cool.

Anybody else I should be thinking about checking out?

Tamiya pops to mind. Most of their 1:48 scale stuff, especially the newer generation kits, are well detailed and engineered, generally accurate, and basically fall together with very little effort.

Oh yes, their 1:32 Ju 88A-4 is outstandingly cool.

Tamiya pops to mind. Most of their 1:48 scale stuff, especially the newer generation kits, are well detailed and engineered, generally accurate, and basically fall together with very little effort.

^ What he said ^

G

• 2 weeks later...

myzep-vi.jpg

Not a model but with all the aerospace models above it fits right in... I just got this, a real original flown Graf Zeppelin postcard. What makes this one special is the US 65 cent Zeppelin stamp. I just love history I can hold in my hands!

Got this today. Now I see what all the fuss is about with Eduard kits. This thing is really sweet. Probable the best engraving I've ever seen. And I don't see any flash that needs trimming anywhere. Never had a kit this clean. Also comes with a nice photo-etch set, decals for multiple versions, canopy masking, nose weight, and some other "film" that I have no idea what to do with yet.

If you're into planes and you haven't yet, you need to check out an Eduard Profipack kit.

$_57.JPG

Good score Jeremy! I think Eduard is ahead of the game in a lot of areas, but that's just my opinion. I've built their Fw190 A8/R2 which some just flat out consider "unbuildable" and over engineered but turn out awesome builds if the builder just sticks with it, and now have their Hellcat Profipak kit and that thing looks great. I've read all the reviews and have watched folks build these things in group builds on other forums and had to have one. I liked what I saw so much that I bought two!!!

Can't wait to see you start this one bud.

...and now have their Hellcat Profipak kit and that thing looks great.

I'll let you in on a secret. I've got one of those coming too. :D F6F-5 late model. Should be here sometime in the next couple of days. I watched a John Wayne movie recently with him flying a Hellcat and I knew I had to have one.

And I'm sorta on the prowl for a good deal on an Eduard Mirage kit. Love the look of that plane.

Man I really need to stop buying and start building... :blink: