Model Cars Magazine Forum

What non-auto model did you get today?

• 2 weeks later...

It's always a good thing when a good modeling friend that you meet on the forum sends you something in the mail unexpectedly. For those of you who know I built a Revell 1/48 Corsair just before Christmas as a gift to a close friend of mine here in Corpus and that thing fought me from the time I opened the box until I finished the last detail. The recipient of the build was highly grateful and all the work was worth it. My fellow modeler buddy sent me this after watching all of the hell I went though on that Revell build............

TamiyaF4U-1Corsair_zps6e198bad.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

It's always a good thing when a good modeling friend that you meet on the forum sends you something in the mail unexpectedly. For those of you who know I built a Revell 1/48 Corsair just before Christmas as a gift to a close friend of mine here in Corpus and that thing fought me from the time I opened the box until I finished the last detail. The recipient of the build was highly grateful and all the work was worth it. My fellow modeler buddy sent me this after watching all of the hell I went though on that Revell build............

I love the 1:48 Tamiya kits. As to modeling buddies being more than generous, for some bizarre reason, I've been the recipient of over a dozen cool kits in the last year, and now have a brand new WNW Albatros D.V winging my way as well, compliments of a member of another forum I belong to. About two months ago, I received this as a gift, then subsequently discovered that I already had one in my stash. :unsure:

cam002_zpsce2a9fcb.jpg

I love the 1:48 Tamiya kits. As to modeling buddies being more than generous, for some bizarre reason, I've been the recipient of over a dozen cool kits in the last year, and now have a brand new WNW Albatros D.V winging my way as well, compliments of a member of another forum I belong to. About two months ago, I received this as a gift, then subsequently discovered that I already had one in my stash. :unsure:

cam002_zpsce2a9fcb.jpg

LOL!!! You must have quite the stash to not remember you had it! :D Still a cool score though!

LOL!!! You must have quite the stash to not remember you had it! :D Still a cool score though!

I'm amazed at how many times I've bought a kit, only to discover that I already had one (or two) in the stash, and I'm even worse with books. When I actually want multiple copies of a kit, that's one thing, but to not even be aware of what I already have, is pretty sad indeed. Below is a snap of my latest addition to the senselessly large stash, the WNW Albatros D.V, destined for markings of a Jasta 18 (Raven) scheme.

alb_zps7c27a10f.jpg

I'll be very disappointed if that VF-1S/A Strike Valkyrie doesn't show up in the All The Rest sub-forum when you crack it open.

I also have Hikaru's VG-1J-A Valkyrie in the stash and hopefully I can find Roy Fokker's Skull bird. Yes, this will show up on the All The Rest thread :D

Most recent non-car I've picked up was the new Revell 1/48 Stearman; I'll be doing it in NAS Glenview markings since I have a bunch of wartime photos of wrecked Glenview birds to go from. Lots of little variations in the markings, but pretty simple nonetheless.

5264bt.jpg

(photo courtesy modelingmadness.com)

16513472141_c67d057514_c.jpg