Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 duster on steroids nov 6 decalled and nearly done

freakshow12

Too Funny!!! I actually know the guy who's car that is. Mike used to live up here in CT but moved to FL. We would race together at Lebanon Valley NY. The real car was a small block/auto/ 8 3/4 car just like mine. He'll be thrilled you picked his car for inspiration. Great job so far, love the stance and the tucked in meats.

Chassis work is winding down. Got everything set up to move the springs inboard, subframe connectors coming along too then it's primer time for this. I am putting rack and pinion steering on the front too and also a driveshaft loop. Plus full 3" exhaust has to fit. Lots to do!

FDADC274-0FE4-4F9E-AB11-0A6F5D717A4C_zps

A5AD25EA-002A-407A-9FC0-675E8F116B7F_zps

Very nice work on this, hey if you don't have a MoPar decal for the oil filter, what I've done is take my metal edge 6" ruler and cut a thin red and blue stripe from any decal, it's easy to find enough red and blue, then just wrap them around leaving white between them, not totally accurate but it does give just another bit of "wow-ness" to an already WOW build.