Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge 9 Car Transporter

Looks good Dan !! Must be you moved the truck again..had to add another gusset !! The framework looks amazing, gonna look awesome under a coat of color!

I remember my dad working on his bosses car hauler,and he was always reinforcing the trailer before another trip..seemed that trailer was a solid weld before it was scrapped.

gotta see if he has any pics of it..

Keep up the great work!

Jeff

Jeff I think I may add 1 more set of gussets and then call it done.

Thanks Tom I'm looking forward to see you get yours started for your 1/2 dozen project

Joe yea I know what what your saying its hard to get mine in there on their and I'm not even finished building. I've seen some of these haulers with the tire there or under the frame.

Man, that does suck....Hate running out of paint in the middle of something.....Very hard to figure out JUST how much you need for projects like this.....Flat surfaces, like on a 53'er, you can get pretty close, but when you have to get paint into all those nooks and crannies, it can be tough.....Excellent work, Man.....Looks extra special.....

Sprayed clear coar on the cab and another 2oz of red on the trailer. Seeing how the sun was out I decided to get some pictures. This is a lot of red. I still have some areas on the under side of the trailer to paint and I think next time I'm going to paint some of these parts before assembling them as it is very hard to reach a lot of these areas.

6c235b08f722e9994f3d105000488833.jpg

cc3e5820885572ea3020f68c48ea21b7.jpg

27f8ac520d3e38ae14a986dd24e157f9.jpg

ba34c59342023f5afbb0526c7056b073.jpg

This thing is insane. That red is off the charts. I cant wait to see this bad boy loaded down with some Mopar muscle. Because of all of the work that Ive seen go into this, plus all of the work that went into each car, this build is nothing short of epic. Plus, that old Dodge cab just looks bad to the bone. Good work man.