Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge 9 Car Transporter

Thanks Tom and JT,

Some more work on the cab tonight. Have been able to make the final assemble of the cab to the frame added the shifter. The bumper is just test fitted it will be raised up when in the final location. Still have a lot of items to install on the cab : handrails, door steps, door handles, wipers and horn.

2bce7aef52ea08d93c2a086ada46d016.jpg

1174c6b8e7f81d56f65c39b7a391af2f.jpg

740758ce5f50de24f24a3e564aeb6ca2.jpg

Thanks Joe

James thanks for the wind defeflectors I used 1/4" evergreen tubing cut in half. It was not easy cutting it but I cut the total length and then cut it in half sort of and sanded the rest. I used pins to attach them to the cab. I added a little block on the back side of each defector.

Thanks Tom that's my plan.

This mornings progress was working on the trim work on the cab. The bumper, head lights, side mirrors, side grab rails and the top lights. I was working on the turn singles and one of them just vanished off my work bench all on its own to wear ever so now I'm working on plan B.

Thanks for all the support and comments on my build.

5be67a6771e76b62dae115e13503de18.jpg

388fa969b3972883eecb36ed09b0beda.jpg

Thanks Richard and Clayton,

Little more progress this morning adding the trim working on getting the exhaust stack length marked. I gave up on trying to find the missing turn single and used some square ones I had but rounded them off. Still need to finish adding some side lights on the back section and glue it on.

de3e4c8ee59c11a2b0cdb0e9317303fe.jpg

2c67d6800215d5a24e45bb50cce3efca.jpg