Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2015 " The Sleeperball"

wagonmaster

Cool! Looks like you made that top yourself. I'd seal it with paint. It'll be stained in no time and crud will embed in the bare wood.

Thats not just the top, thats the whole desk! Mounted to thin strips on the walls, and has two legs screwed to the ends.

Here's a different picture w/o the lamp installed.

20150124_175205_zps762npyim.jpg

I may do something w/ the top. But I kinda like the worn work bench look.

Bench looks good...

just be careful not to get a pressure treated splinter from those legs!?!

You might want to run some gussets at the tops too (keep 'em from gettin' wobbly)

Agreed. Something like adhesive shelf paper on the edges of the wood and legs to prevent sprinters. The gussets will be a must have too.

We have been busy haven't we.

Unusually for me i've made a start and we're not even out of January. As I love the PSR cycle so much I couldn't wait to get started so I hacked the bulge off the Citation hood and roughly glued a piece of styrene sheet into the resulting hole. Today I sanded it down flush and primed it. Putty will be applied tomorrow. Or maybe in April.

I have found some promising tyres. A set of MPC cheater slicks which I forgot I had.

I think a flip front might be required on this one.

Thanks guys. Its actually quite stout. The wood for the legs is old and worn smooth so hopefully no worries about splinters. As for the top, I took my DA w/ 80 grit paper and cleaned up the front curved edge and some of the side edges. Along with a once over on the top side to smooth it out a touch. May still do something with it. The smell of lumber hasnt got away yet LOL

Man, I knew things were going too well with my build. Nothing is wrong with the model, but my employer is sending me to Washington (state) for eight weeks. I just cannot catch a break.

headdesk_zps3aki6rfo.jpg

What's wrong with Washington? Wrong time of year, but...

If your going to be in the Seattle area and have time, Skyway Hobbies is a pretty cool little shop.

We are actually having one of the warmest, driest January in a very long time.