Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

On 2/27/2019 at 9:44 AM, Flat32 said:

What happened to the crankshaft snout??

In front of the two pulleys or at the other end? It was one piece with the flywheel/clutch assembly, so I may have cut it off. please indicate what you are referring to.

IMG_6614.jpg

Edited by landman

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased a Model B engine (Ford 32, 4 cyl.) for a display project. It looks a lot more like a Model A than a model B (Oil tube and no fuel pump).

32.jpg

So I began to modify it to represent the B.

IMG_8607.JPG

IMG_8608.JPG

Edited by landman

Early on, it had been decided that there would be some engines on display in the shop. The first trio was the company's namesake, a flathead, a V8 and a flat 12. The boss asked the boys to prepare another one in the same manner, this time a Ford Model B, a Jeep Dauntless V6 and a Porsche 356 Carrera 1500GS.

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

Edited by landman

53 minutes ago, landman said:

Early on, it had been decided that there would be some engines on display in the shop. The first trio was the company's namesake, a flathead, a V8 and a flat 12. The boss asked the boys to prepare another one in the same manner, this time a Ford Model B, a Jeep Dauntless V6 and a Porsche 356 Carrera 1500GS.

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

Extraordinary work!!! You just inspire me to my next diorama, once I’m finished with my current projects.

40 minutes ago, Breezy said:

what a fun read this is and how far you've come. your skills have leveled up like crazy since you started this!! very inspirational.

Glad you enjoyed it Brent. It sort of took a life of its own after a while. i was afraid that once you build this it becomes static and then what next? But it seems to carry on.-_-

FTB has received a Rolls Royce Merlin engine. This is a resin copy of the Airfix Mosquito's with a home made supercharger cast from the Trumpeter Spitfire's. Wrong supercharger for the Mosquito, but the only one I had.

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

Edited by landman

3 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Now there's a classic engine, Pat and just when you think there is no Rolls-Royce Merlin engine..... two come along at once!

David

Why is it written Rolls-Royce on them if there aren't any? Just kidding....

Edited by landman