Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Liking the cart Pat........ is 3 inches okay for this? Only asking because a 1:24 scale man is 3 inches tall.

David

The original idea was to have it laid down like the one below. I could not find proper wheels so it will be upright, If it proves to be too big, that can be fixed.

20kg-co2-wheeled.jpg

Ā 

Edited by landman

34 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Pat,

You don't miss a thing.Ā  I just noticed the missing floor tiles.Ā  Very appropriate.

Thank you for the compliment. That was supposed to be a spill but you are right, they look exactly like broken tiles.Ā 

2 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Excellent. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the handles facing out?

I suppose now that everyone has seen the frontĀ I could turn it around.Ā :PĀ You are absolutely right Jim, I think the front of the rig should point toward the engines, for expediency.

Okay, Pat...... what's next?Ā  Just to let you know, I have decided to build a 1:43 scale version of my Hooper & Co diorama. The most important reason for doing this is that there are many interesting model cars available in the 1:43 scale, particularly the Hooper Empress Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud, the Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn, the Austin FX3 Taxi and the AEC Regent RT London Bus, none of which are available in 1:24 scale. Also Brumm of Italy make 1:43 scale horse-drawn carriages, one of which is perfect for the first floor showroom window of the building.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Pat....... All the elements of your photo have so much detail, which is a joy to view, but what really does it for me is that figure. Th guy in the hat with his hands in his pocket, staring at the wall ( or the machines ) just works on so many levels. You have set up the lighting to produce interesting shadows and the feeling of realism is all there.

David

3 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Pat....... All the elements of your photo have so much detail, which is a joy to view, but what really does it for me is that figure. Th guy in the hat with his hands in his pocket, staring at the wall ( or the machines ) just works on so many levels. You have set up the lighting to produce interesting shadows and the feeling of realism is all there.

David

He is pondering. Any guesses as to what?