Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Ford F6 COE single axle tractor

Jim, the cab on this one is a resin piece I picked off Ebay, it's actually a Jimmy Flinstone piece and is really nice !! The beauty of it was the price with shipping was less then $20.00 US to Canada !! A real baragin. The scale is bang on , alot of great detail and all the pieces from the Revell 1950 pu kit fit perfectly, ie grill ,galss etc. Wil reqire some modification of the interior tub. I was going to start working on converting the pick up cab into the COE until I found this one. Not a thick resin either, almost completely free of flash. Very distinct body lines as well. The chasiss rails I am not sure what they are from as I bought a junk box of kit parts a bout a year ago off ebay. The game plan is to modify the kit flathead and build into the venerable 337 hp for this one and also for the 50 F8. Running gear will be bits and pieces from the parts box.

Rick

Jim, thanks for the link on the 337 !! I remember someone had it other then Dencon a while back but couldn't remmber who !!. Here's the link to the Flinstone cab, they are still listed as available. As I say for a resin piece of this quality the price was right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmy-Flintstone-50-Ford-Cab-Over-Truck-Cab-Resin-Body-278-/360944291147?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item5409f4cd4b

Rick

Little mor work today, cleaning up the chassis rails, plugging predrilled holes and such to get a clean set to work with. Left on the rivets in place.As these trucks had a short wheel base,doing some preplacing of the running gear,tanks and fifth wheel to get a proper stance and look This was the setup that looked the best.

ford%20014_zpsh2zn74or.jpg

• 7 months later...

Cool! I'm (slowly) building an F6 COE as well...converting it from the Revell '50 pickup. I think it would be much easier to start with a resin body :P
 I was just going to chime in that the F6 had the plain-jane regular flathead, not the 337 (which was used in the F8). Wish I'd learned that before I spent a bunch of time trying to convert the AMT '53 Ford flathead into a 337.

I'd love to see this one finished, too.