Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Gray Ghost

Lyle Willits

017-vi.jpg

Scale 4 inch chop. Ardun engine and wheels & caps from newly reissued Revell '50 Ford F-1 pickup. Tires from Modelhaus. Skull grille from The Model Car Garage - actually an afterthought because I didn't have any more "stock" photoetched grilles left.

005-vi.jpg

Photoetched flame exhaust tips from The Model Car Garage. Tailights are the cowl lights from the kit with the lenses painted Tamiya clear red.

011-vi.jpg

Ardun valve covers were dull-coated to simulate aluminum. Hearders from the AMT Phantom Vickie kit. Oil filter from a Revell '56 Chevy.

014-vi.jpg

Scratchbuilt linkages and fuel block.

020-vi.jpg

I smoothed and painted a hood,,,,,just for the heck of it.

That rocks, Lyle! Great color combo, and those exhaust tips are majorly cool!

Quick question ... did you use the entire engine from the '50 pickup, or did you use the Ardun heads and the intake from the '50 on the sedan kit's block/tranny?

Used the entire engine from the '50 Ford pickup, except the headers. I slightly modified the chassis as shown. I slid the flathead motor mount crossmember back slightly and added a tranny crossmember. Then I made a longer drive shaft.

003-vi.jpg